Thread: Found a good site for news..........

Found a good site for news..........

I don't know if places are liberal or conservative, but if the speaker makes sense to me, it doesn't matter.
    I happened upon "Democracy Now" website and listened to a couple of pretty good conversations, one of which was with Cornel West. He explains things in a way I can understand.
    Lots of other conversations to listen to.
    Anyone else know about this news program?

That's a Progressive site. Welcome to the cult.

Rachel Maddow is excellent, too--she goes into lots of historical detail, and on the rare occasion she gets it wrong, she's quick to clear it up.

I would be happy to listen to the Conservative or Libertarian view, if I could find a source without the taint of Christo-fascism. Maybe Thomas Sowell or the National Review?

I've watched or listened to Democracy Now off and on for a few years. Amy Goodman deserves a medal for her dogged journalism and reporting.

Amy Goodman is awesome. She's the one they were threatening to send to jail when she was reporting on the Dakota Access Pipeline protests and mainstream media wouldn't go near it.

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    Amy Goodman is awesome. She's the one they were threatening to send to jail when she was reporting on the Dakota Access Pipeline protests and mainstream media wouldn't go near it.
    +1

I love Democracy Now and I love Amy Goodman! Great choice for news, Cathy!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    I will give her a listen, she sounds like my kind of reporter. Rob

I have a lot of respect for Amy Goodman and co-host Juan Gonzalez is just as good. That said, when I listen to Democracy Now (which I do at least a few times a week) I always come away with the feeling that I've listened to a very opinionated program. The slant is every bit as strong to the left as other sources often sighted on these boards are to the right. But slant doesn't mean what they have to say is wrong. Its expose' style journalism that more often than not targets conservative people and policies, but I've yet to hear them target someone who (IMO) didn't deserve it or to cover stories that didn't deserve to be covered. Example: the show has been a solid source for information about what is happening at Standing Rock. Democracy Now is a great inclusion into a mix of news sources if you're trying to hear several points of view.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Thread Information