Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are the birds?.........still

Wow Cathy, Haven't seen any downys at our humming bird feeder although we do get goldfinches who like to drink from the center ant water deterrent cup. I have to make sure I keep it filled! Saw a Baltimore Oriole the other day, only the 3rd one in my life! Same place, the electric wire coming into the house. It's a great perching spot for bluebirds, mocking birds, doves, sparrows and finches. They just amaze me. I envy you your indigo buntings. I've never seen a chat.

I bought a new hummingbird feeder because we did not see any hummingbirds on the one we had (decrepid). We have not seen any on the new one either. Times are a'changing..... not for the good, I'm afraid.

This has been a weird year. We do have our usual amount of hummers, but there are a few others we usually see that we haven't (Townsend warblers, varied thrush). But we had a flock (16-18) of Cedar waxwings that we've never had before in the yard. They stayed around for a week or 10 days and moved on.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information