Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A & E New Hoarding Episodes!

Back-to-back episodes with the first episode about people with serious health problems. I am sorting through more genealogy notes to toss while I watch. I only had one dresser drawer full but am getting it reduced down to a short stack.

While not all hoarders live in filth it is really hard to do a good job cleaning when you have too much crap. Realistically how many people are going to take the time to move all that stuff etc to do a really good job cleaning and keep up with it on a regular basis?

It is obvious that there are people who don't now how to clean or discard. I know some people don't know how to cook either so they live on frozen meals or fast food. Sometimes the parents are shocked by their adult child's home so it isn't always a learned thing either.

There was a repeat today of one of the most depressed women I have ever seen. She simply couldn't cope and things got out of hand. It was sad to watch. Part of the problem is that people don't have the money for therapy and meds when they have a problem like this. The only thing keeping her alive was her two sons.

Last weeks Hoarders was two total different outcomes.

A woman would not get rid of anything at all and they gave up on her. (her entire farm was littered with stuff)

The man changed his home, appearance and was able to remarry his ex-wife who left him because of the hoard.

Today, I caught a repeat of one with rats all over the house - and he lost the home too because of financial reasons.

Yike - tonight's is the worst I have seen.

Two older men who have hoarded and squalored a 3 story home and a young woman and daughter, the mom has had a serious brain trauma, and it has changed her thinking patterns.

Marathon today - repeat of older women with tons of stuff and one has 16 storage units filled to the brim.

I worked with a dentist whom married later in life to a hoarder , They where featured on Hoarders on it's first season . I really liked working with him. He was working for the same organization as me . He should have been retired and enjoying his love of books and model trains, but was working at an extremely fast past non-profit dental office with screaming kids and non compliant parents, just because of his wife's hoard

Hoarding is such a horrible fate, for the hoarder and those closest to them -- spouses, children, etc.

Thread Information