Thread: Holiday raves 2016

Holiday raves 2016

We have a rant thread, here is te opposite.

I do have a thing for holiday lights, I will admit. But until is year I had not purchased any strings of LED lights.

My rave of the day is about Target. They had such a great display of lights! On the top shelf was a sample, lit up. It had a box number that corresponded to a shelf and item number.

So pretty to see them displayed and lit! So organized, by letter and row! Made my very happy.

I too love the Christmas season and just yesterday I bought a Bing Crosby Christmas CD, put us all in a happy mood

I like looking at decor, music and movies but I avoid the buying stuff. I usually wait till the after Christmas sales to buy clothing as combo birthday gift. I don't think I need anything but some new pajamas would be nice.

Sent off last of the presents and cards yesterday. This frees me up to make Christmas cookies!!I also get to use the antique sled I bought at estate sale and refinished over the summer and use it for decoration. Remembered that I bought a cool wreath last year at Tractor Supply for 75% off-- can put that on the door.Still not up to putting up tree-- just don't feel like the mess. Will get out my Ikea light holders today, and if I don't get around to tree, I will be done.Feeling very relaxed about Christmas.

On Monday we took a group of friends out for cocktails to a local pop up bar. The place is temporarily open until December 24th. It is decorated to the max with two dozen xmas trees and dozens and dozens of strings of lights. We went on a Monday, right when they opened at 4 pm, because the place is absolutely packed any other time.

All of the decorations got us into the Xmas mood. The drinks were mediocre and the snacks subpar and the prices outrageous. But thats ok, it was likely our big splurge for the holidays and us old people we able to feel hip and happening in the pop up atmosphere.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-14-16 at 1:50pm.

Thread Information