Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The senate and Trump's cabinet choices?

The senate and Trump's cabinet choices?

So.........how likely is it that the Senate will okay all his choices? I'm sure this is extremely uncomfortable for some Republicans there.......even though they voted for/endorsed him.

I haven't seen anything to suggest any of them will be rejected. Sessions and Pruitt seem to me to be the most controversial. I doubt that Session's racial comments from 30 years ago will be relevent enough to reject him this time. The Denver Post came out today with an editorial urging our senators to reject Pruitt. Maybe some strong public opinion will develop around one or both. Right now the Trump momentum is pretty strong and he will be using his way of persuasive intimidation to at least keep his republican fellows in line.

My guess would be that the first showdown between Trump and congressional Republicans will be more likely to involve trade or entitlement reform than appointments.

That's a good one bae!

Trump = Narcissistic demagogue in a Plutocracy society.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    My guess would be that the first showdown between Trump and congressional Republicans will be more likely to involve trade or entitlement reform than appointments.
    Once more, Trump is making me look foolish. It seems an influential group of GOP senators will be opposing Rex Tilllerson for Sec of State.

I'm sure most of the jackals will be rubber-stamped by Congress.

What is your take on his not wanting briefings? He says he is a smart guy..... hard to believe! His interests lie in making more money, I guess. Celebrity Apprentice holds more appeal?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    We can do something about it. If someone is particularly objectionable you need to carefully articulate your message to everyone you know and get them to flood their senators with their opinion. Email, phone calls, snail mail. Liking something on Facebook or talking about it on a forum might help to clarify an idea, but it won't make a difference.
    Light up the switchboards. Make your voice known. Not with name calling or complaints, but with well thought out facts. Especially if you can articulate things that go against the Republican platform. The party does have an agenda that is being lost in the intimidation and bullying tactics. They want to be reelected you know. Don't forget to include Paul Ryan, And the heads of appropriate committees. This tactic does work if you get enough people to do it. Pick out what is the most important and zero in on it. Now is not the time to sit back and say ho,hum. It takes work but you can make a difference.

Thread Information