Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Pop outs"

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    . I doubt many people outside Wisconsin would have heard of him before the Act 10 kerfuffle. In many ways, his national prominence came from the Left's frantic behavior of that period.
    I don't recall ever hearing of him until all the Democrats in the legislature fled the state, hiding in Illinois in a fit of pique. They got so much attention nearly all of Indiana's Democratic legislators followed suit, hoping to cash in on their notoriety. Then to have rank and file liberals following up with the wailing and gnashing of teeth which ultimately led to nothing more than making a local politician a national symbol of hope for those who grow tired of such foolishness. These days I often have trouble separating politics from entertainment.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't recall ever hearing of him until all the Democrats in the legislature fled the state, hiding in Illinois in a fit of pique. They got so much attention nearly all of Indiana's Democratic legislators followed suit, hoping to cash in on their notoriety. Then to have rank and file liberals following up with the wailing and gnashing of teeth which ultimately led to nothing more than making a local politician a national symbol of hope for those who grow tired of such foolishness. These days I often have trouble separating politics from entertainment.
    Who was it who said that politics is show business for unattractive people?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Who was it who said that politics is show business for unattractive people?
    Paul Begala ?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Paul Begala ?

Jay Leno also said it, but also attributed to Bill Miller, in 1991, and based on an older saying that goes back to at least 54.
    http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/...or_ugly_people

Our Republican governor and Republican-dominated legislature do the same thing here in AZ. They refuse to set the state taxes at a level that sustains it, so they too "raid" voter-approved designated pots of money to use for the general fund. Year after year.

No idea why they are not all in prison for ignoring the voter referendums.

I grew up in WI and spent much of my adult life there and the roads, schools, services used to be excellent. Yes taxes were higher but you got what you paid for. Then all the Fib's moved in and overcrowded the schools, raised home values in border towns to the point that people that owned their homes outright could no longer afford their taxes, were rude and voted Republican etc and basically are ruining the state. It has become a real embarrassment and my friends/family that still live there agree. It really is a shame.

I don't know about all the other stuff, and it may be true, but when I was there maybe 8 years ago I was shocked by how bad the roads were. Ok some roads are not maintained here, but it seemed widespread there. And then I learned that apparently snow means roads are always falling into disrepair.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Then all the Fib's moved in .....
    What's a Fib?
    ....and overcrowded the schools, raised home values in border towns to the point that people that owned their homes outright could no longer afford their taxes, were rude and voted Republican etc and basically are ruining the state. It has become a real embarrassment and my friends/family that still live there agree. It really is a shame.
    Damned Republicans!

Damned Republicans!
    Maybe they should build a Wall to keep out the riff-raff?

What's a Fib?

Damned Republicans!
    We live next to the fibs* and dont like 'em either. Fortunately, they dont want to invade us, we are too downscale for them.

But it's not the Republicans in their state wh Lhave run it into the ground.

Fib=fooking Illinois bastards

Thread Information