Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full page ad in local papers to Electoral College electors in WI

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It seems an entirely different scope of problem.

In one case, you have unsourced unverified reports of "Russian" hacking, to release documents (not fabricated documents, just the text) before an election. We have no proof yet, just people yelling "I have a list of Russian agents..." And the "interference" on the outcome is about on the same level as people taking out full-page newspaper ads saying "Vote Against Hillary" or "Vote for Trump". You even have some people indicating that there wasn't "hacking' so much as "leaking by a DNC staffer (Hilariously, in all this manufactured nouveaux-McCarthyist outrage about "influencing the elections", I don't see much hand-wringing on either side about super-PACs...)

In the other case you have an unprecedented attempt to directly interfere with the machinery of orderly transition of power in America. Based on nothing more at this point than accusation.

Until there is some proof, it's premature to sink the Republic.
    I wonder where did they learn this "I have heard it from sources", thing. Doesn't a former political candidate say these sort of things.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    So much for population control..........
    So you want a China type of atmosphere? How many kids do you have, which ones do you want killed, and remember you must pay for the bullet for each, before you get the body back.
    Of course now we might get some population control, as liberals might be too afraid to have kids, for fear of the environment that they would grow up in.

Geez TMS..........there are other ways of controlling population. I don't think even China killed children under the more recent "one child" rule. Where did you get that idea?
    And it's unfortunate that you can't understand why some people find the world too frightening to bring children into it. But don't worry......the population will continue to soar because of the families (or should I say the single moms) out there will still have their 8-10. Maybe you live in a perfect place, but most of us don't. I honestly can't believe your response. Maybe you were having a bad day?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I have come across several reports of electors being "doxed" and receiving threatening communications about what happens to them if they vote for Trump.

Would that be considered "interfering with the election"?
    Excellent point. As the electoral college is the real body that elects the president based on state electors votes, then threatening an elector to change their vote would logically be interfering with the election.

Population growth is slowing--particularly in this country. Very few women are having 8-10 babies; if it weren't for immigrants, we'd be losing population. Eventually, we may be anyway--like Europe is. As women become more empowered in third world countries, those populations will drop too. Now if we could just do something about avarice, maybe we could save the planet.

And after all of that noise about changing the minds of the electoral college members, the only traitors were those who refused to cast their ballot for Hillary.

You cant makebthis stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And after all of that noise about changing the minds of the electoral college members, the only traitors were those who refused to cast their ballot for Hillary.

You cant makebthis stuff up.
    I know it seems like a stereotype to say that liberals are forever kicking and screaming, demanding that the world conform to their preferences, then surprised by the fallout, but sometimes stereotypes are self re-enforcing. This is a perfect example.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I knew that there was no chance that the electoral college would overturn the election. Besides I want everyone that voted for Trump to experience what he is going to do to the average working person. Actions have consequences.

not entirely true, one Republican voted for Kasich and one voted for Ron (not Rand) Paul. More Dems tried to escape.

Besides I want everyone that voted for Trump to experience what he is going to do to the average working person. Actions have consequences.
    maybe they already experience it, let's just pretend we don't already live there, but if things were actually good now for the average working person Trump may never have been elected. Plus they would experience a lot of pain under Clinton too, heck trade agreements like the TPP might still be in play. Yea boatloads of pain. They would then experience the consequences to the average working person of voting for Hillary.

There will likely be consequences of Trump, but many consequences will be long term and you can not pay people to think long term when it comes to politics even though they sometimes do in their personal lives. Really you can't, they just don't period. So if the consequences are long term but some jobs are created now, don't expect people to care about the long term. Now there is the fact that no matter who was elected we are going to hit a recession sooner or later and that may bite Trump since he he was the one who got elected.

And it's completely silly to believe there will be no growth industries under Trump. Now it's hard to say absolutely positively what they will be as it's hard to say positively what his policies will be. But suppose it was infrastructure spending (which he did campaign on so I'm hardly pulling this out of thin air), one may not like whatever it ends up being and regard it as a stupid, wasteful, not the best use of money or even a counterproductive way to spend money, but that doesn't really change the fact that someone will benefit, people building said infrastructure say.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    not entirely true, one Republican voted for Kasich and one voted for Ron (not Rand) Paul. More Dems tried to escape.

maybe they already experience it, let's just pretend we don't already live there. Many consequences will be long term and you can not pay people to think long term when it comes to politics even though they sometimes do personally, really you can't, they just don't period. So if the consequences are long term but some jobs are created now, don't expect people to care about the long term. Now there is the fact that no matter who was elected we are going to hit a recession sooner or later and that may bite Trump since he got elected but.

Besides it's completely silly to believe there will be no growth industries under Trump. Now it's hard to say absolutely positively what they will be as it's hard to say positively what his policies will be. But suppose it was infrastructure spending (which he did campaign on so I'm hardly pulling this out of thin air), one may not like whatever it ends up being and regard it as a stupid, wasteful, not the best use of money or even a counterproductive way to spend money, but that doesn't really change the fact that someone will benefit, people building said infrastructure say.
    For the record one of our electoral members tried to cast his vote for Kasich but it was not allowed. He was replaced and is under investigation for some sort of misdemeanor charges for violating his signed oath to honor his electoral commitments. I see Trump's words on about anything to be unreliable, but I only see risk and danger in his economic plans. My experience with corporate America is the tenancy to make the books look good for something like a five year time horizon with little regard for the long term. I suspect inflation and debt will catch up with him before we get that far, but would expect some short term growth industries.

Thread Information