Thread: Organizer Opportunity

Organizer Opportunity

I have a friend who has developed a health problem that has slowed her down 95%. She was one of those energizer bunny ADHD type of mom's - always full of ideas, projects, activities, stuff!
    Several friends and I went over to help her clean and organize a couple things as a gift to her. Her husband was so impressed he wants me back.....and wants to pay for my time. She is receptive to learning some basic organizational skills (they've been big into the "shove items A-Z in the closet and slam the door" type of organizing) and she is receptive to learning what to keep and what to pass along. With her new health situation she is wanting a more calm and stream-lined safe environment. Since I've run out of things to organize in my home I'm kind of looking forward to this challenge in the new year.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Win-win!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Very cool, Float On!

Great news! I have done this for a few of my friends.

That is great!

It does sound like a wonderful win-win. Good for you.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I say good for you, but realize if she is down that much, then her attitude could change towards it and you by default, at any time. Nothing wrong with making money helping someone, but just be aware that health issues can play a mental toll on her, and then you.

You are a good friend, and I know you are wise enough to not go beyond what your friend could accommodate or agree with. That is a great gift you are giving.

Thread Information