Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retire to Warmer Climate

It was a toss up today, either another foot of snow or flooding rain. Looks like the rain is winning out. This has been a hell of a winter. I need to find someplace dry with sun. doesn't even need to be warm..... just some sunshine for the love of GOD.

We got the snow this time--an inch or two. Just the excuse I needed to admire the noise-damping whiteness from inside. My empty refrigerator is reproaching me for not making a grocery run over the weekend. Oh well--I have bacon and eggs and cheese, coffee and cream. I'm set.

Out winter has been pretty mild. Yesterday we worked outside. i already have two gardens cleaned up and mulched, spring weok performed in January and February.

IL don't you just love it when you can get spring work done in the winter! I weeded the blueberries yesterday....still much more to do, but it was so great to be out in the sunshine in FEBRUARY.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    IL don't you just love it when you can get spring work done in the winter! I weeded the blueberries yesterday....still much more to do, but it was so great to be out in the sunshine in FEBRUARY.
    Global warming?

We broke the record this winter for most days in a row without sun. This winter has truly been depressing.

We have had hardly any snow. It's going to be 60 on Wednesday. The meteorologists are trying like crazy to get our attention every time there's a snowflake or a gust of wind.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information