Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retire to Warmer Climate

We were in Miami in Dec after a cruise and it was 80 and humid. Ugh! If I lived there I would never go outside.

Yea but inland Florida has always been humid. If in Florida the nice place to be is by the beach. Ok maybe rent and don't buy property with Florida scheduled to be underwater with climate change. And watch out for those hurricanes. But the beaches are darn nice otherwise and not that humid.
    Trees don't grow on money

I have been to Tampa twice in April and unless you are in the water it is too hot and humid. horrible actually.

I went to school for four years in Miami. LOVED the weather. LOVED the beach. Didn't really love the city so much so I left, but if weather was my only deciding factor Miami would definitely be a contender.

What about San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by simplelife4me View Post
    What about San Diego?
    Hugely expensive.

We just got back from two weeks in Maui. We have been four times and it now is starting to feel like home away from home. I know I couldn't live there all the time but wouldn't mind a couple of months in the winter. Talk about high cost of living..... holy moly. I would definitely feel like I needed to find something to do after a certain amount of time. I always feel great when I am there or in my second fave place - San Diego. As soon as we got back we were sucked back into gray cold skies and freezing rain. I can feel my vitamin D levels dropping.

We loved Maui also and will probably go back in the next couple of years for a longer stay. I don't think I'd want to live anywhere in HI full time though. Just too far from the rest of the world.

Both Sand Diego and Maui are wonderful and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    We just got back from two weeks in Maui. We have been four times and it now is starting to feel like home away from home. I know I couldn't live there all the time but wouldn't mind a couple of months in the winter. Talk about high cost of living..... holy moly. I would definitely feel like I needed to find something to do after a certain amount of time. I always feel great when I am there or in my second fave place - San Diego. As soon as we got back we were sucked back into gray cold skies and freezing rain. I can feel my vitamin D levels dropping.
    Ha! Two of my Oregonian friends just got back from Maui--they sent pictures of icicles hanging from their roofline to announce their return.

Thread Information