Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 Resolutions?

ZG: I used to love Fast Lane, but it actually made me kind of irritable and way too energetic. I would say things to my husband like "we need to wash all the walls and ceilings now!" so it was also not good for my marriage!

Aqua Blue..Have you used minocycline? That brought mine under control and now I only use it 1 or two times a week. good luck. I'll be interested in what the pocket lasar surgery does.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Aqua Blue..Have you used minocycline? That brought mine under control and now I only use it 1 or two times a week. good luck. I'll be interested in what the pocket lasar surgery does.
    I've done tons of market research on rosacea, and doctors are very frustrated because you can get rid of the bumps (papules/pustules), but the redness (erythema) is extremely difficult to treat. Laser is your best bet.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I've done tons of market research on rosacea, and doctors are very frustrated because you can get rid of the bumps (papules/pustules), but the redness (erythema) is extremely difficult to treat. Laser is your best bet.
    There are lots of anecdotal reports of people's rosacea clearing up when they eliminate wheat from their diet, or refined carbohydrates, or both.

I've been using that now for about a month. I was out last night with friends, they were talking about something slightly embarrassing,but I'm an RN, for heavens sake, I wasn't embarrassed. My face had been particularly Red yesterday and of course someone had to make a comment that they probably should change the subject because it must be embarrassing me. I'm giving the office a call next week to discuss laser, they told me several visits ago that it would have the best results of anything. Nothing else has done much of anything.

Jane, I actually was wheat free and lower charbohydrate for about six months and it hugely helped my arthritis pain, but didnt change the roseasa redness. I do need to get back to that for pain though, as it made a big difference. I went on vacation and got off and haven't gotten back.

catherine, that is interesting about the papulas improving, which mine has, but not the redness. About fifteen years ago I got good results for managing the redness with chemical peels, but that isn't the case anymore. It has become a huge quality of life issue for me, I get so tired of being seen as sick or embarrassed etc,��

I plan on being competitive for the club championship, I won it two years ago. I also plan on taking a few more long cross country trips in my plane. One problem I have is the wife does not like to fly over mountains, so I either fly west of the Rockies, or go around. Maybe if I bought a twin she would feel safer, but I dought it, she is a nervous flyer.

Aqua blue,

Yet more unasked for advice!

My friend had excellent results for rosacea using LED light therapy. She paid around $300 for a light unit - her skin looks great.

Best of luck - you know your face better than we!

I hadn't heard of that, I'll check into it, thanks

Thread Information