Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Resolutions?

2017 Resolutions?

Hi all:

I was wondering what those of you that do resolutions are considering taking on in 2017.

I have a few ideas of my own that I am kicking around...

Anyway, might be fun and interesting to workshop some ideas and get a little support from the Simple Living crew.

None

I have one new resolution. I am going to host a luncheon for solo women as a discussion support group as they find their way into jobs, finance stresses and self-esteem issues. A number are facing this and I have my first group set for late January.
    One older resolution - paint one new picture per month to decorate my walls. I started this last month.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I have one new resolution. I am going to host a luncheon for solo women as a discussion support group as they find their way into jobs, finance stresses and self-esteem issues. A number are facing this and I have my first group set for late January.
    One older resolution - paint one new picture per month to decorate my walls. I started this last month.
    Both are excellent!
    Would you be open to posting a painting or two on here?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    None
    Did you spell that wrong? Did you perhaps mean "nun?"

Are you joining the convent for 2017!?

Mine are all NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Mine are all NSFW
    bae, by NSFW do you mean Not Safe For Wimps?

Well, I just looked back over last year's list - I have made some progress on most of the 18 items. I have really good excuses. My biggest success has been my fingernails - which each have white at the tips, although they are not manicure ready.

basically I could just reuse the list. Looking back, parts of it were more "to do" and less "resolve"

part of my bonfire tomorrow night is letting go of things from the past year that do not serve me and contemplating ways to grow and be a source of "light".
    in service of that -

I will continue cleaning out and cleaning up my spaces.
    i will continue to work on being more mindful of my consumption.
    i will continue to work on healthy sleep patterns, food choices, and exercise.
    i will write (back) real letters by mid January to a short list of specific friends with whom I am trying to strengthen relationships.
    i am committed to helping two young couples start food gardens.
    i have ordered a weekend's worth of baby trees to plant in the spring.

that is as far as I've gotten. But I've got a lot of staring into a fire in front of me tomorrow. I have at least two relationships I'm going to need to contemplate.

start a new job - ok I'm starting a new job next year.

I don't really believe in resolutions, but if I was to make one it might be to journal daily (it's good, it's not exactly overwhelming - but part of the problem is it might honestly lose priority in terms of the things I want to do)
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Well, I just looked back over last year's list - I have made some progress on most of the 18 items. I have really good excuses. My biggest success has been my fingernails - which each have white at the tips, although they are not manicure ready.

basically I could just reuse the list. Looking back, parts of it were more "to do" and less "resolve"

part of my bonfire tomorrow night is letting go of things from the past year that do not serve me and contemplating ways to grow and be a source of "light".
    in service of that -

I will continue cleaning out and cleaning up my spaces.
    i will continue to work on being more mindful of my consumption.
    i will continue to work on healthy sleep patterns, food choices, and exercise.
    i will write (back) real letters by mid January to a short list of specific friends with whom I am trying to strengthen relationships.
    i am committed to helping two young couples start food gardens.
    i have ordered a weekend's worth of baby trees to plant in the spring.

that is as far as I've gotten. But I've got a lot of staring into a fire in front of me tomorrow. I have at least two relationships I'm going to need to contemplate.
    Bonfire? Hmmmm...

Thread Information