Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Resolutions?

The begats can be daunting.

what do you hope to get from this?

mary b, you're one comma short of a nice resolution list. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    The begats can be daunting.

what do you hope to get from this?
    I hope to gain knowledge. We atheists take some pride in knowing more about a religion than its followers. We want to be the expert in the debate! haha

I have noticed that when I tell people I read the Quran cover to cover, word for word, they give me some respect when I talk about issuing surrounding radical Islam.

I am also considering making a 2017 resolution to ride my bike on all the Columbus, OH area greenways. That'd be kind of a fun local expedition.

Did you get your bike back?

No resolutions so will have to join IL in the nunnery

I have a few goals. "Resolution" sounds too serious to me.

I don't see any need to refute anyone else's beliefs in order to strengthen my own. I think that is one area where actions do in fact speak louder than words.

I have a few personal financial goals for the coming year.

I'm trying to train my dog to do back flips, but I guess that's more his goal than mine.

My boss and I have negotiated a very specific list of 2017 goals. Of course, the ultimate goal is not to have a boss.

I've got a growing pile of books I'd like to make time for. But you know.

As I've mentioned before, I always put my two financial goals on my dry erase board the first of the year.

As for other resolutions, even though I'm goal-oriented, I don't go gung-ho on January 1. That being said, I would love to be motivated enough to do more yoga and more running.

I guess my over-arching resolution is to simply be more aware. Life is going at mach speed at this point, and I really don't want to sleepwalk through the last season of my life. My auto-signature says it: I want to realize life as I live it--every, every moment.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I guess I belong in the nunnery too. Ever since retiring a year ago, I care less and less about goals. Having them and then not meeting them, just made me feel guilty. So if I have a goal, it will be to continue lightening up and accepting that I really am retired and it's OK to do what I wish with these days.

Every year I do a personal retreat on my birthday at the end of February. I'm looking forward to making this one a big one - I turn 50.
    I'm thinking about my list of 50 but haven't put them in my Retreat book yet...just mulling ideas and goals and things I want to do.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I like the whiteboard money goal a lot! I am doing something similar with projecting out growth of my investment fund.

But the simplicity of the whiteboard is very appealing, and I think I will do the same thing by getting a whiteboard for my refrigerator, and do three figures or four- net worth at top, what I am aiming for, investments , what I am aiming for, money I earn for the year, and what I spend for the year. I need to play around with this idea, as I like the idea of seeing it all the time and keeping focused on the numbers. Thanks, Catherine--I was really inspired by your post that stated you had the white board and what you were aiming for, and then finding you surpassed it.

UL: what did you decide about school?

Thread Information