Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting a Decluttering Goal in Units of Time Using Flylady's Timer Method - Dec. 2016

Well, I have 5 evaluations left to do, and today I found a book, a pair of socks, and some boots to add to the goodwill pile, so I guess I'm workings on it again.

nice addition to your total!

Removed the last of the Christmas decorations from inside the house and put them away. Added 3 DVDs and a ceramic Santa to the goodwill pile, took dd her wooly raccoon from childhood when we went over for dinner tonight.

Nice job, Chicken Lady!

My 5-year-old is with her dad for the long weekend, so I've been making a big push here. 5 hours today. New total: 16 hours.

Four more hours today for a new total of 20 hours.

I still have so-o-o-o much more to do, but my big accomplishment of the weekend was to deal in part with the upstairs hallway. That's the place that tends to fill with clutter when I'm not dealing with it as I should be.

I'd say I got through about 90% of the clutter up there. Here's are before and after pictures of the one area I completely cleared out. If anybody can tell me how to rotate these pictures so that they're right side up, let me know.
    gr
    Attached Images Attached Images

All I can say is "Wow!". You sure made a difference.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thanks, razz. There are a few more boxes on the other side, but I've weeded out the junk from them and now just have to sort what's left. I think I recycled about 8-10 grocery bags of paper.

Also, tonight I did another 30 minutes with my daughter, weeding out books she's ready to give away, so my new total is 20.5.

Wow ejchase, that's great!

i just locked my screen and turned my iPad.

I worked in the basement a little more today. I found a dress that had been packed away that I'm ready to part with, and turned two cookbooks into two photocopies of recipes - which I actually made and like. The cookbooks will leave. And I put three shoebox sized boxes in the recycling and found some items to offer to other teachers at my school. Net about half of one of those hallway piles? Not the whole row, just an individual stack. But it's going in the right direction....

Yes, Chicken Lady, every little bit helps! Keep at it!

When you rent here, you can't fill up the hallways. My tiny closets are getting emptier though.

Good for you on the closets, 19Sandy!

Just 30 minutes more here today. It will probably be a week or so before I can put in more time. New total: 21 hours.

Thread Information