Thread: christmas family tree

christmas family tree

So my mom's friend gave her and all of us a gorgeous book of photos and a simple family tree in the back. She documented the 50 years of their marriage in photos and notations. It is pretty cool. She also put a very simple family tree in the back. I am sure that someone in the family has a more complete family tree but it was interesting so I started looking some things up. My great grandparents were both born in Denmark in one branch. I recall my grandmother going back to Denmark every year to visit cousins for a long time. When I turned 18 she was not in good enough health to still travel which was disappointing. The rest of everyone was from the midwest (that is as far back as it goes). I found the names of my grandfathers 10 siblings, he was private about that and never wanted anyone looking back.

I did look up the family names a little, one is Madsen. It is not a too rare Danish name. The other last name is fairly rare so I don't want to post it for my privacy (although I am sure that there is no privacy anymore).

What a great gift!

Thread Information