Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Projects and Adventures for 2017

Jane, I feel you! I clip good news articles and cheerful news articles from the newspaper and that has helped. I put it in my journal so I see it daily. Goals for the year....I have a list but it is more chores. I'll have to think on formulating goals that I want. One is to do more "fearful" things...like drive on the other side of town which I avoid like the plague- Lately I've been noticing 10 lovely things before breakfast. And singing "100,000,000 Miracles are Happening Every Day" from Flower Drum song.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    My grandson, 14, and I have decided we are going to go on regular day hikes this year. He is on the autism spectrum and lives in a rural town with not too many programs for guys like him. Also, his parents don't really do much with him; it's usually up to me. He is really physically fit and has lots of energy, enjoys talking about nature and geologic formations, so living up here we have lots to appreciate!

Since we both love the outdoors, we are going to make the time to do this. He loves putting something on a schedule to look forward to. And it will be good for me, too.

So my next goal is to get out my local trail books and make a list of hikes for us to do.

I like the question posed on this thread. I don't like to make resolutions, but I do like to state intentions. One thing I'd like to do is spend less time watching mindless tv. I started a project of doing embroidery at least for 15 min. a day and I listen to podcasts while I'm stitching. I want to keep that up.
    What podcasts do you listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    We have moved to Colorado so everything is new and an adventure of sorts. Even snow is an entirely new experience for us!!
    Anyway, once the tenant is out of the house we bought, we will finally be able to set up house and garden. Projects will be updating the house a bit, figuring out how best to garden here and scouting thrift stores/craigslist for furniture since we are starting from scratch with many items. Thrifting is huge here so lots of places to check. Adventures later in the summer and fall will be exploring all the beautiful places there are to see in the west. I have started a list of all the destinations and journeys we might consider with the first being a visit to my brother on the other side of the continental divide. I just want to enjoy every day whatever it brings.
    You might enjoy this site:

http://www.thethriftshopper.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Politics has helped me cut down on TV watching. I used to be a news junkie; no more.

My intention is to continue in the direction I'm headed, read more books from the library or otherwise on my Kindle app, and keep the faith that everything will turn out just as it should. Not as easy as it used to be.
    Same here. and having a new grandbaby next month will be a distraction.

I'm aiming to go as close to zero waste as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    What podcasts do you listen to?
    This American Life
    The Moth
    Christiane Northrup
    WTF with Marc Maron
    Not Your Mother's Menopause
    How to do everything
    Invisibilia
    Fresh Air
    Pulse of the Planet
    Local newspaper's weekly podcast
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

The Moth is fun to listen to which I did for the first time today. Thanks.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    This American Life
    The Moth
    Christiane Northrup
    WTF with Marc Maron
    Not Your Mother's Menopause
    How to do everything
    Invisibilia
    Fresh Air
    Pulse of the Planet
    Local newspaper's weekly podcast
    Thanks! Many to check out!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    The Moth is fun to listen to which I did for the first time today. Thanks.
    The Moth is great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    The Moth is great!!!
    I love the Moth. There's like 3 live events around Boston every month, it's a great alternative to going out and getting blasted with music I don't know or care for.