Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Invitation to Join us in the 2017 Eat a Pound of Greens a Day Challenge

I get a lot of my veggies in by mixing a flavored protein drink and a few huge handfuls of spinach a small handful of kale and turn the blender on high for a few minutes. You cannot even taste it . I have been drinking GNC Lean in Chocolate or Orange Creme

I've been eating a lot of salads the last few weeks. Lots of spinach and chard and romaine...with walnuts and avocado. I don't think this new...but I'm eating larger amounts these days and my body is still not sure how it feels about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    I've been eating a lot of salads the last few weeks. Lots of spinach and chard and romaine...with walnuts and avocado. I don't think this new...but I'm eating larger amounts these days and my body is still not sure how it feels about it.
    Listen to your body, ok give it a little time to adapt if you want, but listen to it. If it really doesn't agree it's probably an allergy or sensitivity. Although I don't think most vegetables are very allergenic (fruits and veggies are mostly easy to digest for me, some proteins cause me sensitivities) except for nightshades and so on which are really fruits of course. But if they really don't agree with you that is that.

I made a dish with chard and salmon this week, in addition to my usual daily lettuce salad (or on one day 2 lettuce salads - lunch and dinner). Also ate a cucumber salad, going to eat a beet salad (neither of these are greens I know - nor really quite as nutritious as greens). But just on greens yea I think I will eat more greens, maybe make a dish with greens every week. I like chard best but the others are alright sometimes as well.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Listen to your body, ok give it a little time to adapt if you want, but listen to it. If it really doesn't agree it's probably an allergy or sensitivity. Although I don't think most vegetables are very allergenic (fruits and veggies are mostly easy to digest for me, some proteins cause me sensitivities) except for nightshades and so on which are really fruits of course. But if they really don't agree with you that is that.

I made a dish with chard and salmon this week, in addition to my usual daily lettuce salad (or on one day 2 lettuce salads - lunch and dinner). Also ate a cucumber salad, going to eat a beet salad (neither of these are greens I know - nor really quite as nutritious as greens). But just on greens yea I think I will eat more greens, maybe make a dish with greens every week. I like chard best but the others are alright sometimes as well.
    I don't know if they don't agree with me....I've always eaten salads of this type, but this is more. Making it a larger part of my diet. While I feel a bit less inflamation, I feel like my internal processes are struggling a bit...so, I'm wondering if more time will ease this in time?

One thing about getting greens, I'm not a huge fan of drinking them. I did the smoothie nutrition drinks for years, but I'm not about them at all anymore. For me, if I did, I would only want to do about 8 oz. And I don't have a blender for that kind of treatment....smoothie drinks don't appeal to me much.

Thread Information