Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drugs, death, disaster - and how were your holidays?

I am so very, very sorry, rosa.. There is nothing more tragic than the accidental overdose of a young person with a lot of promise. Last year, the nephew of a good friend of ours--with whom I had had a few really good conversations...really poised, gentle young man--went into NYC to meet friends. His parents were staying at my friend's house, as they were all planning on going to a family picnic the next day.

My son was at our friend's house, when his brother got a 212 call on his cell phone. "Oh! That must be ____ to tell me when to pick him at at the train station."

But it was the NYPD, calling to tell him that his son had died of a heroin OD in the hotel. Totally accidental--he had planned on attending the family picnic the next day. This kid was extremely talented and intelligent. So, so tragic.

So I empathize with you and I share your pain.. It's hard to make sense of it. I wish you and your sister peace in dealing with this loss.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Truly tragic and heartbreaking for those who cared for those who made such a sad choice. Addiction is horrible. As others have said, your family gave the gifts of the heart which are priceless. You saw the delightful person she really was. Isn't her daughter blessed to have those of your family to remind her of who her beautiful mother really was as she copes with the loss?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I am so sorry for our loss, Rosa. It is so hard, so senseless, when the young ones leave too soon.

Sorry

so terribly. terribly sorry for your loss. sometimes, things just suck. I hope that you and your sister will be able to take solace in the knowledge that you provided a good life for her, that she loved, and was loved. Sometimes, that's all there is, and it is enough. I hope with all my heart that it will be.

That is so very sad. I am so sorry for your loss. My BIL died the same way about 5 years ago while only 30 and my poor stepson who was only 19 found him. He did not realize he had been dead for awhile so tried to do CPR. It took him a long time to recover from that. My middle son has had a drug problem for years and is clean once again. I have lost count the # of times he has relapsed.

Thanks for all the kind words, and I extend my sympathies to those of you who have dealt with similar situations.
    I did tell my sister that at least Alissa died in a warm, lovely place thanks to her.

Thread Information