Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 what films are you watching?

There is a lot of learned helplessness in all sorts of people these days - or maybe it's always been that way - I just don't recall so many unmotivated people as I do now.

I just finished watching the Amazon Prime series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It really is excellent.

Yppej
    The Man Who Knew Infinity.

Just started Wormwood about MKUltra.
    Can't decide; it is a weird mix with documentary and fictionalized acting.

GeoStorm. Fun little sci-fi film that holds your interest. We saw it at the $3.50 theater and enjoyed it; would probably not pay full price though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The Man Who Knew Infinity.

How was it? I saw a commercial for it somewhere, but never saw that it was out/released.

Yppej
    I liked it. It's on Showtime which I have until the end of the month as a loyalty reward from my cable provider.

Watched Wind River last night. Yikes, very violent but I guess that's the real world now.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Watched Wind River last night. Yikes, very violent but I guess that's the real world now.
    I went to see this show with a new friend and was horrified as was she. Funnily enough, the staff came into the almost empty theatre and asked us if we were in the right show before the show started. They knew how violent it really was. I had the idea that it was a nature story. What a sad surprise!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I figured that as horrible as it was to watch, it's got to be absolutely horrible to experience that violence. Better to realize there are real predators in this world and be prepared. Looking back, I could have been in that same situation as that naïve teen, not realizing the danger.

Anyway, rented "Tulip Fever" from Redbox last night. Always like Bree Larson, and liked the seeing the environment, clothes, etc. of late 1600s Amsterdam. Enjoyable for $1.50.

Thread Information