Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 what films are you watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2017 what films are you watching?

Here we go, a new film thread.

on my list to see soon in the theater are:

Elle
    Edge of Seventeen
    Nocturnal Animals

on dvd, since I missed them in the theater

Captain Fantastic
    Sing Street
    Green Room

Als, I ak compiling a short list of documentaries to see.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-2-17 at 11:40pm.

DH has a friend who watches a lot of movies. He told DH that he liked "Hell or High Water", so we got it through Netflix. I hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    DH has a friend who watches a lot of movies. He told DH that he liked "Hell or High Water", so we got it through Netflix. I hated it.
    Why did you hate it?

I thought the bank capers were interesting and the relationships between two sets of men, the brothers and the law enforcement officers, were interesting, although I didnt really buy the banter beween the LEO's. That was too much like workplace harrassment, it crossed a line.

But I very much liked Chris Pine's character and his (in his own head) righteous mission. I like tidy, thoughtful, criminals.

Chris Pine is almost too pretty to be in a film of quality because he is SO distracting. Men shouldn't be that pretty.

It seemed like it had too many inconsistencies. I don't think the Pine character would have actually agreed to rob banks and go along with his crazy brother. If we were supposed to feel sorry for them, I sure didn't.
    And I know Bridges character liked the Indian deputy, but it made the Indian uncomfortable. Bridges wouldn't stop it, and the Indian character pretty much tolerated it.
    The scene in the restaurant when the waitress came on to Pine was just silly, to me.
    It just seemed unbelievable/inconsistent to me. I really couldn't like any of the characters.

We watched Black Mass last night about Whitey Bulger (from Netflix). The acting was good but my husband thought it went on way too long. I had to see it because I had a friend who got asked out by Whitey Bulger, only she didn't know who he was. (She was his aerobics instructor.) Her friends told her if she dated him, she might end up dead under the bridge. She said it was very hard to know what to say to avoid going out with him. Anyway, I had to see the movie to see what he was like. .

I watched Elle today in the theater. Oh, my. It is French, with Isabelle Huppert. At times
    I thought I was watching Piano Teacher II.

Not many if you would like this film. I dont know if *I* liked it. It is about a woman who is attacked and raped in her home. A lot happens, a LOT, more and more surprising as the film unfolds.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-2-17 at 11:42pm.

A Man called Ove. LOVED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    We just watched the trailer for that and added to our watchlist.. it looks adorable.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I just watched this and loved it, too. So sweet and sad, but positive! But sad.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I just watched this and loved it, too. So sweet and sad, but positive! But sad.

Where did you watch it.... Netflix, dvd/library/rebox?

Thread Information