Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 what films are you watching?

Williamsmith
    I also saw, “Thank you for Your Service.” A story that orbits the military PTSD epidemic and mental health issues. It was worth the five bucks.

Yppej
    Flight 93.

Rewatched the Caine Mutiny a few days. What a great movie,and how sinister Fred MacMurray seems.

Went to Murder on the Orient Express last night, great movie

Yppej
    Legends of the Fall.

Just saw "T2: Trainspotting." Very good!

I was in the mood for an older classic and found To Kill a Mockingbird on Netflix streaming. It’s a timeless story with great acting and music. I can imagine a remake would use fancy stage sets and computer graphics, but the simple settings were refreshing rather than distracting.

I also watched “Maudie” a true life story of Maude Lewis who lived in a small shack with a fish monger and painted with arthritic hands. She became Canada’s premier folk artist. A touching and simple living story you don’t hear much about. The scenery and photography were great.

Williamsmith
    “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri”

Watching this movie is like licking salt off the back of your hand, shooting tequila and biting into a wedge of lime. The characters are realistically complicated, the subject is dark and troubling and the acting is sharp and biting. It’s worth watching this movie just to experience the ending.

If life is a dark comedy...this movie reflects life. Imperfection.....constant dissonance, I found myself wanting the sharp or flat edges to resolve into major chords. It never did, but neither does life. This is not a typical Hollywood fantasy that wraps up neatly and somehow gets forgotten almost before you reach the exit.

This movie should get some awards for its acting, it’s screenplay and it’s disregard for box office formulas. I asked my wife if she liked it. She said, “I don’t know, yet.” That’s a compliment, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri”

Watching this movie is like licking salt off the back of your hand, shooting tequila and biting into a wedge of lime. The characters are realistically complicated, the subject is dark and troubling and the acting is sharp and biting. It’s worth watching this movie just to experience the ending.

If life is a dark comedy...this movie reflects life. Imperfection.....constant dissonance, I found myself wanting the sharp or flat edges to resolve into major chords. It never did, but neither does life. This is not a typical Hollywood fantasy that wraps up neatly and somehow gets forgotten almost before you reach the exit.

This movie should get some awards for its acting, it’s screenplay and it’s disregard for box office formulas. I asked my wife if she liked it. She said, “I don’t know, yet.” That’s a compliment, I think.
    we were all set to see this film this afternoon, but
    I got involved in a project and missed the opportunity. I think we will go next week.

This is a TV show, but I've been watching "The Good Doctor". It's about an young autistic doctor. It's interesting. I wonder how realistic it is? I'm not sure any hospital would actually hire this person, realistically, but so far, it seems like a good representation of how some autistic people can be very intelligent, but have no clue how to fit in socially. This is its first season. It's "final" show for the Fall is over, but will restart in January. I just wonder how realistic they can keep trying to be, without starting to get unreasonable. But so far, I have found it interesting.

Thread Information