Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 what films are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    The Dress Maker with Kate Winslet. Very quirky and I loved the visuals.
    I enjoyed this yesterday but found the story rather depressing. Perhaps more life-like but sad. The hunk was especially gorgeous!!!! I laughed out loud a number of times and the heroine met the objectives she outlined at the beginning so satisfied.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Watched "Sully" this weekend. I was thinking it might be a bit boring, since I thought it was obvious what had happened and not much to tell about it. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but apparently the FAA(?) questioned Sully's actions and thought he could have made it back to an airport, without landing in the river and losing a plane. It was interesting. I think Sully, himself, could have played the part, although Hanks did okay.

We went to see Rogue One and I confess I was the only one who didn't like it. It was just one big blast blowing things up after another. I was so bored that I dozed off. DH woke me up for the last 30-45 minutes which was somewhat better than the beginning. I am now ducking for cover as the Force tells me that light sabers are being drawn against me.

After having seen the Golden Globes last night, I have a list of them that I'm interested in:

Manchester by the Sea
    Lion
    Elle
    The Crown
    LaLa Land
    Florence Foster Jenkins
    Fences (I've never seen a theatrical production, I'm ashamed to say)

TV:
    People vs OJ Simpson
    The Night Manager
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    After having seen the Golden Globes last night, I have a list of them that I'm interested in:

Manchester by the Sea
    Lion
    Elle
    The Crown
    LaLa Land
    Florence Foster Jenkins
    Fences (I've never seen a theatrical production, I'm ashamed to say)

TV:
    People vs OJ Simpson
    The Night Manager
    The Crown is Tv.

I purposely skipped Florence Foster Jenkins, it did not sond all that great to me.

The film Elle is weird as hell. Isabelle Huppert is strong, though. i will say that it held my attention all the way through. But when I relayed the plot to DH I couldn't remember all of the side stories. Everyone in that film had a secret, including the baby.

Manchester by the Sea is the best film I've seen in years, but Moonlight (on all critics top list) is super strong.

Lala land was ok. Lion was ok, and predictible, but I liked it because I like anything about India.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-10-17 at 7:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Watched "Sully" this weekend. I was thinking it might be a bit boring, since I thought it was obvious what had happened and not much to tell about it. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but apparently the FAA(?) questioned Sully's actions and thought he could have made it back to an airport, without landing in the river and losing a plane. It was interesting. I think Sully, himself, could have played the part, although Hanks did okay.
    The FAA did not do this in real life. Making the FAA the bad guys was only in the movie as a necessary component for adding some interest/conflict. Word is the FAA was actually miffed that this was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    The FAA did not do this in real life. Making the FAA the bad guys was only in the movie as a necessary component for adding some interest/conflict. Word is the FAA was actually miffed that this was done.
    Sully, the film, was lame.

I figured that the FAA conflict was higely blown up, if it actually happened at all. At the end with the room full of bureaucrats and industry personnel,and the big reveal about the data in front of all--totally bogus, and a little insulting to movie going audiences.

There might be a dramatic film to make about this crash landscape ng on the Hudson, but this was not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Edge of Seventeen has already been in theaters and gone. I watched it. Disliked how the main character acted - whiny little b____. I was seeing it for free and would of liked a refund. A few funny things but I just wanted to parent her!
    Haha. I,will let younonw what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The Crown is Tv.

I purposely skipped Florence Foster Jenkins, it did not sond all that great to me.

The film Elle is weird as hell. Isabelle Huppert is strong, though. i will say that it held my attention all the way through. But when I relayed the plot to DH I couldn't remember all of the side stories. Everyone in that film had a secret, including the baby.

Manchester by the Sea is the best film I've seen in years, but Moonlight (on all critics top list) is super strong.

Lala land was ok. Lion was ok, and predictible, but I liked it because I like anything about India.
    I quite like Florence Jenkins Foster. A lot of great acting in that film.

Got to see Lucy on tv tonight. Really enjoyed it as it was one that I kind of wished I had seen at the theater.

Thread Information