Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 what films are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Got to see Lucy on tv tonight. Really enjoyed it as it was one that I kind of wished I had seen at the theater.
    Is that the other ne with Michelle Williams and a dog? I had to skip that because I was afraid something happened to the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is that the other ne with Michelle Williams and a dog? I had to skip that because I was afraid something happened to the dog.
    IL.....my mother (who made a lot of bad choices) , gave my kids the DVD "My Dog Skip" when they were little. Maybe she didn't even see it herself, but it was really sad at the end. So I know what you mean. Whenever there's a dog who's a pet in the beginning of a movie.....I just know something's going to happen....and I don't want to even see it!

Hey, I am one of those weird people who refuse to watch Bambi. Too many stories of loss while a child. I remember walking out of theaters crying buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    IL.....my mother (who made a lot of bad choices) , gave my kids the DVD "My Dog Skip" when they were little. Maybe she didn't even see it herself, but it was really sad at the end. So I know what you mean. Whenever there's a dog who's a pet in the beginning of a movie.....I just know something's going to happen....and I don't want to even see it!
    You probably shouldn't see Old Yeller.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    You probably shouldn't see Old Yeller.
    Too late...........I saw it about 60 years ago. It was so sad!!

Anyone see the Red Pony? i still remember wanting to protect that little pony all these years later. Probably around 6-7 years old when I saw it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    No, that Scarlet gal that is in so much right now. (Johanson, or something) Basically she was a forced drug mule, who was beaten until the new "superdrug" was broken and released in her system, and it caused her brain to superevolve. (as compared to most of her movies where they just want to put her in skin tight outfits, not that she is bad looking or anything, just tired of the "same thing")
    Fiction of course, with a lot of inaccurate, common misinformation (we only use 10% of our brain), but I find it fascinating what we may long term, evolve into.

In the last couple of weeks...
    La La Land
    The Minimalists
    Manchester By the Sea
    Captain America Civil War (finally)

What I want to watch next couple of weeks...
    Whiplash
    Fences
    Hidden Figures
    La La Land (again... loved it that much)
    Hidden Figures
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

Razz, I hated the Red Pony so much--was a horse lover from the start, and that was traumatizing.

I just watched Love & Friendship, based on a little-know Jane Austen novel. Very good, and I fell in love with the music and will treat myself to the soundtrack soon.

Thread Information