Thread: 2 more days off, what to do?

2 more days off, what to do?

so what do I do? This is kinda sad, I don't have anything to really do for my time off. What happened was I needed to run the camp on the 27th and 28th, those are not my contract days so I needed to flex 2 days out. It worked out as today and tomorrow. I knew if I let it go any longer I would not be able to take them (kids are back at school next Monday). Meanwhile everyone else I know is working, and it is the middle of the week, and after packing up the Christmas tree and running a couple errands I am pretty much free. Since it will be super busy in a couple days I don't want to start a project or join a meetup or anything like that,

Hmmm,

If the weather is conducive, when I have time to kill I go for a day hike.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Read a good book, declutter, go for a walk, go and sit in a coffee shop with a book...

Ok I decided on putting away decorations, a deep declutter, a trip to Ikea, Goodwill run, a walk in the park across the street, and tomorrow my grandbaby is coming over (with her parents). I am also wearing a skirt, which is not my normal outfit since I tend to sit on the floor now and then at work.

I also have a new book and a new netflix show.

If I was in your situation, I would look for a spot for beauty - glass, plants, paintings, nature... That is soul food and hard to schedule so I grab the openings to do so whenever I can.
    Just before Christmas, I went to Toronto staying in a hotel for night before catching a train to my one daughter and her DH's house. I walked for 4.5 hours up Yonge street, the main north-south artery popping into stores that caught my attention. Some beautiful surprises - one an old fashioned china shop with sterling silver flatware 'on sale' for $1500 a setting. Exquisite!

I also had a chance to see the Chihuly Exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum which was so gorgeous and beautifully displayed. Imagine an underwater garden created of glass extending about 50+ feet on the floor and 15-20 feet in height making just one of the displays. Then to see the Art Gallery of Ontario's exhibit of the Impressionistic era with the story behind them. Heavenly break from my routine.
    Where can you find something beautiful to enjoy?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Go to a movie. The good ones are jamming the theaters, leftover from
    December when they were released in order to make 2016 Academy Awards nomination deadline.In your urban area there is probably an afternoon, discounted rate showing.

Ooh I am going to look for a movie, I took care of some errands, went to IKEA and got exactly what I needed with a total expense under $30, have had 3 work contacts (apparently checking in with my boss by text last night to remind her I was flexing these days was not enough, since they are running camp at my school I will answer some of those calls in emergency), ate some lunch sitting at the table!, and am about to do a deep clean with a good will run that always makes me happy.

I am waiting for the movie Hidden Figures which comes out the 6th. I have a friend to go with so that is great. I already saw Rogue One and LOVED it, so I will check the artsy theatre or see if there are free museum times.

sleep!

ahh love sleep, and am getting some more, however that is a bad set up for back to work shock!

Thread Information