Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: electric kettles?

They're very handy but not essential. I have one in my bedroom so I can have my morning tea in peace - such luxury!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    They're very handy but not essential. !
    Try telling that to anyone this side of the pond. Here, an electric kettle would definitely be classed as n essential! I even had one when I had an Aga.

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Try telling that to anyone this side of the pond. Here, an electric kettle would definitely be classed as n essential! I even had one when I had an Aga.
    Are Agas still sold? Or did the coal industry decline reduce their use? My parents had one when I was quite young.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yes, they are still very popular (and expensive!) here.

I had mine removed when I remodelled my kitchen a few years ago. I sold it for the same amount as when new!

http://www.agaliving.com

I have electric stove and I've loved my electric kettle. It is super fast to heat up water for my pour-over or french press coffee. A quick cup of tea or to warm up a bit of water to make bread or pizza crust. I can set the temperature on mine. The worst thing for me to try to do is heat water in a microwave...I always forget it.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I was inspired by this thread to get one in red, to match the Command Center decor and the BatPhone.
    (Maxi-Matic EKT-300R Elite Platinum 1.7 L Cordless Electric Tea Kettle, Red--at Amazon)
    I have a backlog of tea to use up, so now I'm in business. Thanks for the good word on kettles.

Jane I love red appliances--have an old touch red phone that I will bring out at some point, and bought a new red Kitchenaid when my old one bit the dust. Very cheerful. Will check out your tea kettle.

Now you will need a red teapot to match. I got one which included an infuser and use loose leaf tea. Delightful.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Now you will need a red teapot to match. I got one which included an infuser and use loose leaf tea. Delightful.
    I have a nostalgic attachment to blue teapots, since that was my favorite book as a child...But you may be right!

If you were purely basing your decision on the most energy efficient type of kettle available, you would have to go with an electric model. http://www.thekitchn.com/electric-ke...-you-bu-146531

Thread Information