Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: old book A People's History of the United states 1492-present (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    And the 5th dimension sang it so well!
    I believe you're thinking of The Temptations although I prefer the Edwin Starr version myself.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9EHmvN8wp8 This is the song, 1970 5th dimension. Loved it! I'll look for Temptations and I don't know Edwin Starr...I'll check it out, too. Just looked- Yep! War, what is it good for. I didn't know that was Edwin Starr but I remember stomping around singing that!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9EHmvN8wp8 This is the song, 1970 5th dimension. Loved it! I'll look for Temptations and I don't know Edwin Starr...I'll check it out, too. Just looked- Yep! War, what is it good for. I didn't know that was Edwin Starr but I remember stomping around singing that!
    LOL, one day I'll learn not to assume what someone else means. Thanks for the link though, I enjoyed it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I checked that out, I was 4 when it came out so I missed that. However there are a lot of good songs from the punk period that were great. I am trying to find a cover of Edwinn Starr's War that was done in the 80's but I can't remember the band. Apparently a lot of bands have covered that song

Edited to add: It was DOA and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, I feel much better

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Apparently a lot of bands have covered that song
    I think I may enjoy the Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker version best of all.

The American history book i'd like to read would be written from the native american perspective. not sure if it's already been done but that would be an eye opener. I'd be curious to understand what other countries teach their children about world history and the chapters on USA.
    Here is a link to my blog page http://francesannwy.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The American history book i'd like to read would be written from the native american perspective. not sure if it's already been done but that would be an eye opener. I'd be curious to understand what other countries teach their children about world history and the chapters on USA.
    I have a friend who is a teacher specifically for Native American college students, and others interested. I will ask her if she has a recommendation.