Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mindful consumption quest

Dinner out tonight. Dd picked the restaurant.

straw, paper napkin, and my dinner was way too big, so I bit the bullet and came home with a styrofoam clamshell.

also brought home the compost from school and the wrapper from my classroom paper towels to recycle.

Bought a slightly more earth friendly brand of shampoo today. And organic potatoes. Both in recyclable plastic

i remembered my bags and my dishwasher soap was in the usual recyclable box.

also bought ham wrapped in plastic, walnuts in a non-recyclable plastic bag, and a stack of (100% recycled) foil pie plates because dh wants to take pie to work tomorrow and I don't trust him with my pie pans (they were my grandmother's and I love them)

working at at the food bank is increasing my personal garbage production because they keep giving me food that is past human consumption for my chickens and some of it is in non-recyclable packaging.

otoh, I am now recycling water bottles, aluminum cans, and case wrap that they would have thrown out, plus food to chickens, so net trash is down.

i threw out about another quart of trash when I went to the grocery store.