Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: those missing conversations

Yes, of course, that is what I was trying to say, that my view was influenced by my lens. And of course there are other ways of looking at the situation.
    People do have fresh, original ideas in the world of education; Zoe has worked a lot with mindfulness and is a leader in that in her workplace, but it remains to be seen if she can use that to advance her career in any way.

And I have lived through 30 years of supervisors in education "taking" ideas and presenting them as their own. Happens all the time.

I see a lot of what people are saying, a huge part is just my expectations which are unrealistic for the workplace. I keep reading into these great 'improvement plans' what I think it would or should look like and that isn't going to happen. After butting heads on a topic for years it is hard to let it go, and I get my panties twisted because she has her degree in organizational management so I seek out her expertise in those areas, my masters is in education but I am not in the right job category to be asked my expertise. I see this with a colleague who has her degree in special education but they make keep making trainings on the topic without asking her input. So it is not personal, I would actually make my life easier if I had their job by asking the people who already know. I would go to the guy with the degree and experience in sports and ask him whenever I struggled with my sports portion of the program.

After having my training go very well today I am in a better mood, and realize that this is about more areas of my life than just work. Hey, my mom thought we could make vegetarian gravy this year! Um yeah, I have been making it for 25 years and apparently she never paid much attention. The bottom line is that people don't pay a lot of attention do they.

it's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit.

I have an MBA - the same degree as the leader of our huge organization who is about 5 levels above me on the org chart.

I've learned that it doesn't really matter. It's my position and job description that determine my input - not my degree.

I decided several years ago that my MBA is being used by myself, for myself. I use it to navigate a huge bureaucracy in order to maximize my own happiness.

I work 24 guaranteed hours a week, with full time benefits, picking up extra hours at my own discretion. As long as I average 30 a week I maintain my full time benefits. I've never earned this high level of hourly pay before.

I deem myself as successful for my own happiness maximization.

Yup, I am building more connections and friendships in my mindfulness work. I got a thank you from the principal for my work! Long term I am going to transition out of this work into mindfulness in schools when it can pay what I am am making now. Notice I did not say I hope to, I am going to do it. The organization I work with on the side values my degree, it means I can do a college class if they get a contract for it in the future.

Thread Information