Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
Good job,G!

It actually addresses one of my fears - not correctly projecting the future, to our detriment when we are no,longer able to earn the difference back.

Hope that makes sense.
Certainly does make sense. It is difficult to make that decision for ourselves. We didn't hire them until last year. I thought we would both need to work until we were 65. They've helped us make some better decisions with more knowledge and have improved our returns.

We are just 57. DH wants to work until 64 or so as he started his career later and really enjoys his new role in cybersecurity. I can retire anytime (37y as a RN). I'm currently planning on 60 but it's freeing to know I can change my mind-they would just like a little notice if I change my mind

I encourage anyone who is concerned or uncertain, hire a financial advisor to help you. Even if you don't turn over your accounts to them-the consultation is invaluable. We didn't go into a long-term relationship for 4 months and 2 long in-person meetings. A reputable agency will work with you that way.