Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A HUGE Milestone!

That is great news and proof that it can be done! Good for you!

that's awesome!

Fantastic, I know that was a lot of long hours of work that got you there, too. Pat yourself on the back!

I've been searching for an existing topic for this message and this feels like the right topic:

We met with our financial consultant last night. What is our milestone? We cannot run out of $ by age 100 even if we spend 50% more than our currently planned allowance!

This is another huge step in financial freedom. (Becoming debt free was our first milestone on 1/25/11 at age 49.) This one is awesome and a bit overwhelming. And it gives us great comfort that even with a significant downturn we will be fine.

That is so awesome! Really proud of you and you have encouraged me to reach my goal of $10K within a year

Congratulations on attaining this milestone. Coincidentally, our reserves are in the same ballpark... but I am thinking I need to save more for the reserve for vehicle replacement ($13,000 is earmarked now, but that amount is not adequate); and this summer we are replacing a dining-room/kitchen floor covering, so the reserve for home improvements will need to be replenished.

I believe it makes more sense to save for such things than to borrow.

That is a great milestone. Well done!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Congratulations! I would think it's hard to measure just how much peace of mind reaching such a milestone can bring.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Good job,G!

It actually addresses one of my fears - not correctly projecting the future, to our detriment when we are no,longer able to earn the difference back.

Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Congratulations! I would think it's hard to measure just how much peace of mind reaching such a milestone can bring.
    I concur-Absolutely immeasurable peace of mind.

Thread Information