Thread: I am new here ... hope to fit right in, learn some stuff and give some advice too..

Question I am new here ... hope to fit right in, learn some stuff and give some advice too..

Hello to this lovely community... I consider myself & husband one of those couples that enjoy the "simple things" in life....Country, Family, friends...we live in the boonies, have a # of children.. he's the main breadwinner while I've been mostly in the home... a more traditional set up, this being what we always hoped for .. from our beginnings...

27 yrs later.. 1 has flown the nest, 2 in college.. still 3 children at home.. still makin' it ... living frugally has certainly gotten us to this place... It's getting tough in this economy...we live in a high unemployment area, seems so many businesses have shut down.. a little weary about husband's job possibly being on the chopping block in the next year or 2....

So if I may ask the regulars here.. what do you love, keeps you coming back to "Simple Living forums"?

Give me some tips on jumping in here ? I am not new to forums, I enjoy them very much..but this is my 1st post here.. thanks so much!

welcome, I hope you enjoy the forum

Being a Canadian, I come back to get another view of the world with both traditional aspects of the US approach presented. That is only one reason. I am delighted to see so many 'real life' issues being discussed and resolved. The sense of the community to help members think things through is quite remarkable. Some of the dry humour is priceless. That is why I keep returning to this site. Looking forward to hearing others answer this question.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Welcome, LadyInRed! I think we have a small but wonderful community here. I've always been touched by the fact that when I've asked for input on a problem, people who don't know me in real life will take the time and effort to give me such thoughtful and intelligent answers. There are also a variety of worldviews, but differing viewpoints are expressed in a civil and respectful manner - at least most of the time! I've learned a lot here too. A recent discussion prompted me to do some comparison shopping on auto and HO insurance, and the end result is that I made a change that will save us $900 per year! I think it's safe to say you can just jump into any of the discussion threads.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Hi and welcome, Lady In Red! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Welcome, LadyInRed! I think we have a small but wonderful community here. I've always been touched by the fact that when I've asked for input on a problem, people who don't know me in real life will take the time and effort to give me such thoughtful and intelligent answers. There are also a variety of worldviews, but differing viewpoints are expressed in a civil and respectful manner - at least most of the time! I've learned a lot here too. A recent discussion prompted me to do some comparison shopping on auto and HO insurance, and the end result is that I made a change that will save us $900 per year! I think it's safe to say you can just jump into any of the discussion threads.
    Really liking this response ! WOW... $900 a year ! By HO insurance.. I assume you mean "House Insurance"... I would like to read that thread... I feel we are paying a pretty good bit , every year it's higher... hate it... I am very interested in reducing it...but also want to know whom I go with has Quality standards for payout -just in case..

Thank you all so much...

Hello Lady, glad you joined us.

Welcome!!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

LadyInRed: Yes, I meant Homeowner's Insurance, and here is a link to the thread:
    http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...ight=insurance
    There's a good link within the thread from Rogar that includes some rating info on the different insurance carriers. I actually ended up with a subsidiary of my current carrier, with slightly better coverage for $900/year less.

Thread Information