Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Night's Hoarders

Sunday Night's Hoarders

featured Hillside Mansion or the Julian Price Home in Greensboro, North Carolina.

They were evicting Sandra Cowart who owned the home since the 1970s. The city/state took the home for back taxes and sold it. The new owners wanted the stuff removed from the home so they contacted A and E. This way they got the job done for free but some of the stuff was sold to help Cowart. This was a 2-hour show. The house is around 9,000 square feet with lots of levels and twists and turns.

This show was strange because I did feel like they were not following what they told Cowart but at the same time, she had procrastinated for a long time. Then again, I almost felt like they wanted to give the woman a fatal stroke or heart attack. As she began to panic, she was yelling at everyone, but everyone was also yelling at her.

Cowart still felt like the house should be hers and that someone had take advantage of her some how long ago. She said that the financiers of her home were supposed to pay the taxes while she was alive.

Not only was the way she was treated bad, she also acted out at times, and I still don't know who was right and wrong.

In the end, tons of valuable stuff was tossed into the trash.

Then the two guys moved in. Don't know why they would want that big house but maybe they will convert it to apartments or burn it down for the land value.

Sandy, do you ever think maybe you're watching too much television? What other hobbies do you have? What other things make you happy?

CathyA is really bustin' chops! Dang!!! hahaha

I'm not trying to be hateful. It seems to me that when we focus on things like reality shows and celebrity too much, it makes our lives less "simple".

Bullying

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Sandy, do you ever think maybe you're watching too much television? What other hobbies do you have? What other things make you happy?

Comments like this are a form of bullying.

Simple living forums has many categories and threads that are not "my cup of tea" but I don't make personal comments to posters about it.

This kind of behavior is what gets whole forum sites shut down.

Once one person attacks with surly personal comments, more follow.

We are lucky to have this site, don't try to destroy it with bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Sandy View Post
    This kind of behavior is what gets whole forum sites shut down.
    That comment seems like its own special sort of bullying.

Sandy, I'm sorry you think I was bullying you. I just think self-examination is a good thing. We talk about the choices that people here make to live more simply. I'm just asking you to consider this. When you would post a fair amount amount about reality shows and talk about celebrities lives, it was rather unusual for someone to talk about those things so much here. I, personally, would rather not be caught up in some of that stuff, in living a simpler life. I'd like to hear more about your life and how simple living is working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Sandy, I'm sorry you think I was bullying you. I just think self-examination is a good thing. We talk about the choices that people here make to live more simply. I'm just asking you to consider this. When you would post a fair amount amount about reality shows and talk about celebrities lives, it was rather unusual for someone to talk about those things so much here. I, personally, would rather not be caught up in some of that stuff, in living a simpler life. I'd like to hear more about your life and how simple living is working for you.

More bullying and justifying your bullying.

Also, getting others on the bullying bandwagon.

Maybe I don't like some of the topics other posters talk about, but they have a right to post it.

Bae - bullying is a form of trolling - and yes I have been at forums where the person who owns it shuts down the whole site because of it.

If I leave this site, then the bullies will just find someone else to bully.

Who is to say what is the simple life or not?

If you don't like a topic, then don't read it.

That is the simple in simple life.

Stay away from what you don't like.

No one is making your read what I post about.

There are people here who I don't like, and I don't read their posts.

Stop bullying me!

Bullies always justify by saying it is their victims fault, and that they should self-examine.

When the TOS here says that no one can talk about television or celebrities - then no one will talk about it.

Wow.

I've seen posts about this clearout on another forum I belong to, but I couldn't find that show listed. I don't think I missed it when it aired, and it's not listed On Demand.

From the other forum, the new owners are going to fix it up and have a designers' showcase there.

Thread Information