Thanks goldensmom. I have the feeling that as more people/organizations are becoming aware of recycling, they might be getting overloaded and have to turn things down, or make different rules of what is acceptable.
To be honest with you, I don't trust some organizations/recycling businesses, etc. to be the most environmentally concerned people. So maybe I'm "doomed" to tear it all down myself, and take the recyclable stuff to a place that just does paper.....or, like TMS does, burn it in the fireplace as kindling. A few years ago, I carefully flattened and bound up all my cardboard and set all my recyclables out in a special "recyclables" container provided by the business that picks it up. One day, I saw the trash truck come and dump it all in with his trash. I ran him down and screamed at him. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about. That business quit the recycling part, and now I take it all myself to the city street department that has bins for stuff. And I take all my paper to Abitibi sites. Yeah, I'm a control freak.