Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Living outside Chicago -the Sanctuary city ......people leaving means higher taxes...

Oh you have no idea about innocuous things being racially charged. That's all I am going to say, and I am so glad I am out of the workplace and no longer have to deal with that professionally.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-6-17 at 3:01pm.

I am surprised that IL is willing to risk losing Fed $ since financially they are in such poor shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am surprised that IL is willing to risk losing Fed $ since financially they are in such poor shape.
    Maybe they are counting on trump's short attention span, or inability to get anything substantive done, to prevent any real consequences from happening.

I think the majority of politicians in Illinois including the Mayor depend on immigrants and their support. Something for something. Apparently being a sanctuary city/county/state benefits outweigh the massive exodus that will be increasing when overburdened tax payers start leaving. I am an immigrant except I came through front door, so I am very lucky to not have those concerns.

Or maybe they realize that it's to everyone's benefit if undocumented immigrants aren't afraid to engage with law enforcement.

A recent study shows that the number of hit and run in accidents in CA has dropped 7-10% because undocumented immigrants are more willing to remain at the scene of an accident now that they can get a driver's license.

https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2017/04/04...s-roads-safer/

Today I heard on the radio that the city of Chicago proposes to issue illegal aliens special id cards that will identify them as that and provide them with services. This will cost an additional Three Million Dollars!Many alderman from the city are arguing that is the state and federal governments area in issuing ids. Since the Trump administration is deporting many people and dreamers too, the ball is back in the city's court. The only thing that will run out of this business are people leaving the city and money running out.This is not a sustainable situation.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
    Today I heard on the radio that the city of Chicago proposes to issue illegal aliens special id cards that will identify them as that and provide them with services. This will cost an additional Three Million Dollars!Many alderman from the city are arguing that is the state and federal governments area in issuing ids. Since the Trump administration is deporting many people and dreamers too, the ball is back in the city's court. The only thing that will run out of this business are people leaving the city and money running out.This is not a sustainable situation.
    Yep. I can't tell you how many people I know who live in the city who are planning on getting out ASAP. I question anyone who lives in the city willingly. It's called Sh*tcago for a reason.

I guess they just aren't broke enough so they have to try harder. One stupid decision after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Judging from the court decision yesterday it sounds like they were right to ignore 45's bombast and blustery threats about sanctuary city funding.

Yes I was pleasantly surprised to see that mainly they lost. Although, I guess the feds can still file to withhold 3 specific grants. I am not sure how much that will hurt the cities. They deported a young man that had papers as a DACA and now claimed that he left voluntarily and there is no record of deporting him. That is such garbage!

Thread Information