Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: International Dating...?

International Dating...?

So it has been a while now that I have been single again. After the prompting of some friends I decided to try dating internationally.

The rationale is that, because of my quirks, I stand a better chance of finding someone who fits right in with me if I take my romance global.

Anyway, thoughts on this?

I know it does not seem simple or minimalist, but it is an idea. Obviously technology and flight tickets make this kind of courtship possible.

Which country would you like to move to?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Which country would you like to move to?
    Ha! Canada would be nice. But I am also open to other nations or to having her (whoever she might be) move to the US to be with me.

What are your "quirks" that eliminate you from being with American women? Sure, I guess you can find compliant young lassies desperate to escape their poverty stricken, war torn, countries but are they actually simpatico with you?

I dont think you are a good candidate for a third world bride. You don't want children. You arent involved with yor parents, exactly (although to some people that would be a plus!) so you are not family oriented. You arent religious and would mock anyone keeping a religious home. I will sa,that third world immigrants do demonstrate simplicity in their living, but thats because they have to.

who is this demographic you imagine would work?

I have watched a slew of films about old men, most of them losers, who chase young women so those color my point of view. i just saw one last week about Russian brides and there was an interestng array of experiences in that film. You are not "old" and I doubt that youth is exactly what you are looking for. Educated women of color in poor countries will be likely religious and want children.

I had an employee who was ex military and who said, paraphrasing "I want a wife frm south of the border. American girls are too consumeristic and greedy." He wanted a traditional wife who wouldnt dump him and take off with his his children. While that was a bit simplistic of him, I did understand his shopping list.

What is your shopping list? What part of the world supplies that?

My son wasn't trying to date internationally but 10 years ago he met a woman from Poland. They dated for 3 years. Lots of $ spent on plane tickets. She was not able to get a work or travel visa to come here. After 3 years they decided to get married so got a fiancee visa and once she got here they had to be married within 90 days. He saved all the plane stubs, etc through the years because he knew the instant he met her he wanted to marry her. He needed to be able to prove that this was a real relationship. I was shocked because he was a confirmed bachelor at 33. They have a great marriage and are very happy. She is a wonderful DIL too. So it could all work out great)

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What are your "quirks" that eliminate you from being with American women? Sure, I guess you can find compliant young lassies desperate to escape their poverty stricken, war torn, countries but are they actually simpatico with you?
    I am open to dating American women. This is not so much about the woman being or not being American. It is more about finding another rare bird.

I dont think you are a good candidate for a third world bride. You don't want children. You arent involved with yor parents, exactly (although to some people that would be a plus!) so you are not family oriented. You arent religious and would mock anyone keeping a religious home. I will sa,that third world immigrants do demonstrate simplicity in their living, but thats because they have to.
    I appreciate you sharing this opinion. But I think maybe you are essentializing women too much. Women in other nations are not a monolith.

who is this demographic you imagine would work?
    Well, there might be some rare birds in any nation or culture. I buck a lot of American cultural trends, so perhaps there are women in other nations who buck their trends.

I have watched a slew of films about old men, most of them losers, who chase young women so those color my point of view. i just saw one last week about Russian brides and there was an interestng array of experiences in that film. You are not "old@ and I knw that youth isnt exactly what you are loking for. Educated wmen of color will be religious and eant children.
    I'd only want to date women roughly my age or older, up to say... I dunno... 57. So up to 20 years older than me.

I had an employee who was ex military and who said, paraphrasing "I want a wife frm south of the border. American girls are too consukeristic and greedy." He wanted a traditional wife who wouldnt dump him and take off with his hs children. While that was a bit simplistic of him, I did understand his shopping list.
    How did that work out for him?

What is your shopping list? What part of the world supplies that?
    I'd like someone who is not religious, does not want kids, and lives simply.

Be real careful. I think there's a lot of "international dating" that is cover for sex trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My son wasn't trying to date internationally but 10 years ago he met a woman from Poland. They dated for 3 years. Lots of $ spent on plane tickets. She was not able to get a work or travel visa to come here. After 3 years they decided to get married so got a fiancee visa and once she got here they had to be married within 90 days. He saved all the plane stubs, etc through the years because he knew the instant he met her he wanted to marry her. He needed to be able to prove that this was a real relationship. I was shocked because he was a confirmed bachelor at 33. They have a great marriage and are very happy. She is a wonderful DIL too. So it could all work out great)
    Cool story!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Be real careful. I think there's a lot of "international dating" that is cover for sex trafficking.
    Uh... I am not paying anyone for anything. I am looking for a life partner.

Also lots o international women looking for American citizenship by marrying a citizen.

Thread Information