Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: International Dating...?

Your rationale doesnt compute, in my mind anyway.

Your reqirements of
    1) not religious
    2) likes simplicity
    3) doesnt want children

are entirely reasonable to find in this country. How does going overseas increase your chances, other than the obvious facts of simply more bodies being available? Columbus has a big population and it is impossible for me to believe no one fits with you. But if you have exhausted that population, ok. move on to more crunchy places WITHOUT going all the way over an ocean. Overseas dating is very expensive, so try long distance meetips with women at least on your continent.

And yes, I cant accurately characterize women from one part of the world, very true.

About the children thing, what about women who have grown children out of the house? You are reaching an age where they would be in your age range. There are lots of them.

I think, am not sure, that my employee married an Hispanic girl. He had an Hispanic last name so perhaps he was more culturally Hispanic than I was aware.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-26-17 at 9:48pm.

If your basic requirements are not religious, doesn't want kids, lives simply, I don't think you need to go international just yet.

However, you may need to expand your search throughout the US.

And practice patience. You have a very specific list. While there are many women who would fit your requirements in the US, you need to figure out a way to meet them, and then get to know them. And that will take time.

You might try the West Coast of the US. Not everyone, obviously, but I do think the general trend on the West Coast is more about nature and living simply than in the big cities of the East Coast (although there are pockets of simplicity there, too).

And there's the old conundrum. You meet someone who checks off every box on your list. Perfectly nice person. And the two of you just don't click romantically. It happens.

To me, it would make more sense to explore other parts of the US before dealing with language barriers, the possibility the woman really only wants to get to the US, the travel involved, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Also lots o international women looking for American citizenship by marrying a citizen.
    Do you think that a woman could be looking for a life partner and US citizenship in equal measure?
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Your rationale doesnt compute, in my mind anyway.

Your reqirements of
    1) not religious
    2) likes simplicity
    3) doesnt want children

are entirely reasonable to find in this country.
    Really? Would you like me to tell you some stories about my dating history? I've love to!

How does going overseas increase your chances, other than the obvious facts of simply more bodies being available?
    This is the crux of it -- larger population to draw from.

Columbus has a big population and it is impossible for me to believe no one fits with you. But if you have exhausted that population, ok. move on to more crunchy places WITHOUT going all the way over an ocean. Overseas dating is very expensive, so try long distance meetips with women at least on your continent.
    Again, I am more than happy to tell you about my dating experiences.
    You want me to move to another state to try to meet someone? That is expensive too and it requires assuming a great deal of risk (leaving my job, finding another job, going there to explore to see if the town or city is suitable, etc.). That ain't cheap!

About the children thing, what about women who have grown children out of the house? You are reaching an age where they would be in your age range. There are lots of them.
    Why are there lots of them? Why are they single? But yes, I am open to dating women who have kids that are all launched.
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

I literally married the girl next door, so I can't offer much on logistics. I see nothing wrong with expanding the universe of possibilities, especially for a statistical outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Uh... I am not paying anyone for anything. I am looking for a life partner.
    I take this post to mean you only eat what food you can get locally grown and free, since your not paying anyone for anything. So why would you try to be in a hurry to find one, out of a group that is targeted/marketed to as become a US citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Do you think that a woman could be looking for a life partner and US citizenship in equal measure?
    Not out of the fish pond they are talking to you about. If you were going to go that route, I expect you have already tried online dating? You sound as desperate as a guy I knew that lived in a laundromat and wanted to marry a woman, so he could get laid and she could take care of him. Desperation isn't an attractive trait. Probably when you would stop looking, you might find someone, although I doubt perfection exists.
    In the last year, I was hit on by a gal I was always attracted to (friends ex wife), but I know we want different things (she is currently dating the sheriff) and in the last six months, a 24 year old that I watched grow up, that wanted me to be the father of her kids (I hit on her mother years ago). From your posts here, you both desperate and critical, and neither are things are attractive to someone who isn't from an abusive home.

Several years ago a fellow at work tried his hand at international romance. He was in his mid 40's at the time, financially comfortable yet socially awkward. He had never been married, never had a serious girlfriend yet wanted a relationship badly. Somehow he got hooked up online with a woman in the Philippines and began a 6 month or so long distance courtship which eventually advanced to the point he asked her to come to the US and marry him. He sent her $3500 for travel expenses.....and she disappeared!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

ULA..........I think you should forget that idea. No matter where you are, there you are. I don't think looking to another continent is going to help. Just keep trying where you are. Would counseling help you with some of your problems? Sometimes it really helps to get a different perspective of our behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Several years ago a fellow at work tried his hand at international romance. He was in his mid 40's at the time, financially comfortable yet socially awkward. He had never been married, never had a serious girlfriend yet wanted a relationship badly. Somehow he got hooked up online with a woman in the Philippines and began a 6 month or so long distance courtship which eventually advanced to the point he asked her to come to the US and marry him. He sent her $3500 for travel expenses.....and she disappeared!
    I think this was the kind of scam I had in mind when I advised caution. I have heard of this happening, too.

I know someone who got a "mail order bride" from the Philippines, and she's more like a servant.