Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: International Dating...?

It worked for The Donald...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It worked for The Donald...
    Yeah, but President Obama's mom had a couple of bad experiences.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I know someone who got a "mail order bride" from the Philippines, and she's more like a servant.
    Another aspect of the human trafficking conundrum. Something else to think about.

What other countries have you spent extensive time in? What other languages do you speak?

UA, have you thought about the ancillary consequences of this? If you've given up on finding a good match out of a population of roughly 320,000,000 people, what happens if you still can't find a good match in an expanded pool of 7,000,000,000 or so? That can't be good for your self esteem.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

OP, You might find this helpful in researching international dating; from the organization Human Rights Watch:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2000/02/21/...n-and-children

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    OP, You might find this helpful in researching international dating; from the organization Human Rights Watch:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2000/02/21/...n-and-children
    Well, "international dating" spans a wide range of practices, from purchasing a 3rd-world child bride over the Internet on one extreme to moving to Iceland for several years and participating in the local scene, and deciding to settle down there with someone....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yeah, but President Obama's mom had a couple of bad experiences.
    Youve been on a roll today! Haha.

I think you have to look at all the circumstances, etc. A friend of ours was using a dating site and met a Russian woman online. He was 55 and she was 20 years younger and beautiful, thin, etc. She had 2 teenagers. He was old, bald, etc. It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out that she wanted to come to the states. After 5 years she left him and could stay in the states. Now my son met a professional woman who did not want to come to the states. Falling in love with him cost her the profession because she can't teach here. She speaks 5 languages. They dated in person for 3 years and were able to live together for up to a month at a time to determine if it was real. 10 years later they are still madly in love. Neither want kids. He is not religious but turned Catholic for her so they could get married in a Catholic church in Poland which was important to her and her family. It took a year of going to classes here etc to be eligible. So they both did things to make the other happy.

Fair warning: I am going to do some serial posting on here. But there is just too much good stuff not to respond to it individually. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post

Not out of the fish pond they are talking to you about. If you were going to go that route, I expect you have already tried online dating? You sound as desperate as a guy I knew that lived in a laundromat and wanted to marry a woman, so he could get laid and she could take care of him. Desperation isn't an attractive trait. Probably when you would stop looking, you might find someone, although I doubt perfection exists.
    In the last year, I was hit on by a gal I was always attracted to (friends ex wife), but I know we want different things (she is currently dating the sheriff) and in the last six months, a 24 year old that I watched grow up, that wanted me to be the father of her kids (I hit on her mother years ago). From your posts here, you both desperate and critical, and neither are things are attractive to someone who isn't from an abusive home.
    Okay, friend, I can assure you I am not as desperate as your friend from the laundromat. LOL

While I may feel uh...physically desperate on Saturday nights, I am not in a huge rush. If I were, then I were just date someone very close by who was not really my type or what I am looking for. Besides, I actually have two long-time female friends who have invited me to roll in the hay with them any time I please. Both are nice enough gals and one was a friend-with-benefits from college. But I don't know that this is what I am really looking for as a middle aged man.

I am glad to hear you are getting hit on by all these ladies! Sincere best wishes!

Thread Information