Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump going on vacation

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    He was nominated in his first week or so of office. I'm wondering what specific accomplishments he had made at that point?
    he managed to not be white and be elected President. Even after being accused non stop of being born in Kenya and a Muslim. An extraordinary feat in a nation of haters and racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

The whole affair should also be a reminder to those of us who allow our emotions to influence our beliefs and actions. We end up looking foolish more often than not.
    kind of like the Muslim ban. Immigration reform, and even this temporary ban could have been done so much more thoughtfully and humanitarian without triggering so much angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I hear he's attending the 2017 Red Cross Ball at Mar-a-lago on Saturday and staying there Sunday as well.

when I read this I thought it said the Red Cross Bingo at Mar-A-Largo. A funny vision of tuxes, ball gowns and bingo cards.

attending the Red Cross Ball, which provides relief to refugees, is in poor taste, IMO. It's also at Mar a Lago, where it's been for years, but this year a President will be attending. Upping the desire for charities to hold their events there on the chance that he may be more open to attending. Trump also doubled membership fees just prior to becoming President. Nice.

Stephen Milo, a Miami resident who is organizing the protest, because of course there will be one, said, "The Red Cross does good things, but there's some irony in having the fundraiser there, and I do want to shed light on that. Wait a minute — you're talking about alleviating human suffering and you're having this event here?" quoted in US News and World Report.

Is this a huge deal on the scale of what he's done in the last 2 weeks? Probably not but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially after the American Soldier and 15 women and children died when Trump went forward with a mission he was warned not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    attending the Red Cross Ball, which provides relief to refugees, is in poor taste, IMO. It's also at Mar a Lago, where it's been for years, but this year a President will be attending. Upping the desire for charities to hold their events there on the chance that he may be more open to attending. Trump also doubled membership fees just prior to becoming President. Nice.

Stephen Milo, a Miami resident who is organizing the protest, because of course there will be one, said, "The Red Cross does good things, but there's some irony in having the fundraiser there, and I do want to shed light on that. Wait a minute — you're talking about alleviating human suffering and you're having this event here?" quoted in US News and World Report.

Is this a huge deal on the scale of what he's done in the last 2 weeks? Probably not but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially after the American Soldier and 15 women and children died when Trump went forward with a mission he was warned not to do.
    Warned by who? The Joint Chiefs? Central Command? Some anonymous coffee-fetcher?

Nothing in what you posted speaks to Trump disregarding warnings. Its just the usual second guessing.

Thread Information