Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walker and Pence talking

Walker and Pence talking

The saga continues.... today's news is that Walker and Pence are talking about taking Act 10 national. Remember the protests in WI? Imagine the nation?

Some of the drama so far:

Putting Bannon, a known white supremacist, as person privy to the President (with no security clearance), who is attending International Security sessions.

Banning travel to the US from 7 countries.

Now putting Iran on notice?

Threatening Mexico regarding the wall and drugs.

Reactions to Trump from other country leaders.... i.e. Mexico, Canada, Australia, Germany, England ++

This is day 13 ... just the start, I am afraid.

I know I will not be traveling out of the country this year. Americans are going to be HATED.

It does bother me that some of the people on this forum see our concern as just more of our "the sky is falling" behavior. But damn........we ARE in trouble. So many issues, so many unhappy people, so much extremism (on both sides). I think we should all be very afraid, as Trump plays his games out with all our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    The saga continues.... today's news is that Walker and Pence are talking about taking Act 10 national. Remember the protests in WI? Imagine the nation?
    They're going to make public employees pay half their pension contributions? Public employee union membership will become (gasp) optional?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    It does bother me that some of the people on this forum see our concern as just more of our "the sky is falling" behavior. But damn........we ARE in trouble. So many issues, so many unhappy people, so much extremism (on both sides). I think we should all be very afraid, as Trump plays his games out with all our lives.
    I​ felt that way in 2009. You get over it.

I read through the wiki description of WI Act 10 and could not find any big differences between the proposed government benefit cut backs and what is common to the better private sector companies.

Other than that you can add Australia to the list of countries we've offended or made angry.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I​ felt that way in 2009. You get over it.

No matter what your political leanings:

Obama didn't display narcissistic behavior.
    Obama had political experience.
    Obama didn't foment hatred.
    Obama used thoughtful discourse, not knee-jerk, hyperbolic, defensive language. He didn't crudely lie as a matter of course as intent to deceive his constituents.

BTW, I don't know what your fears were exactly, but if you were fearful of the economy in 2009 perhaps you got over it because we pretty much completely recovered from the recession the GOP put us in.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    No matter what your political leanings:

Obama had political experience.
    Obama didn't foment hatred.
    Obama used thoughtful discourse, not knee-jerk, hyperbolic, defensive language. He didn't lie as a matter of course as intent to deceive.

BTW, I don't know what your fears were exactly, but if you were fearful of the economy in 2009 you got over it perhaps because we pretty much completely recovered from the recession the GOP put us in.
    +1 million Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I read through the wiki description of WI Act 10 and could not find any big differences between the proposed government benefit cut backs and what is common to the better private sector companies.

Other than that you can add Australia to the list of countries we've offended or made angry.
    I wonder which lucky or unlucky country (depending on your perspective) will be next on Trump's list? Or is there even a list, or does he just attack at random based on whatever issue he is "dealing" with? I really wonder.....Rob

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I agree and I am personally very afraid. Things are so bad in this country now that a few days ago I was talking long distance to my aunt in Vienna, Austria, who stopped me from dissing Trump as she said she was afraid to speak of Trump due to the NSA and the US government spying on it's citizens and she was afraid for my safety, if not immediately, sometime down the road. This really floored me as I realized she is right - we are living under an unprecedented President and no one really knows what is next. I do see some early Hitler behavior in him and with my background being raised by a woman who was born into World War 2 in a non Allied country - I see the need to have an escape the US plan, just in case. And yes, I truly believe this is sane and logical and non dramatic and not at all over the top thinking at this point. It's thinking along the lines of loving and respecting myself and others to have an escape plan, and yes, I see America as having sunk to this level. One of my guiding beliefs in life is this - Reality often sucks....but you can tell who is truly adult by their ability to deal with it head on without denial. I'm glad I'm not the only one I know who sees this.....but I also understand that US culture is designed in such a way that it is very hard to see this, so I am capable of having some compassion about this, too. Rob

a lot of our leaders lean more sociopathic than narcissistic, so yea Trump is kind of alone for narcissism.

Obama used thoughtful discourse, not knee-jerk, hyperbolic, defensive language. He didn't crudely lie as a matter of course as intent to deceive his constituents.
    maybe not crudely as a matter of course, but strategically. He was out there arguing for the public option while behind closed doors assuring the insurance companies it would never happen. I'm not even arguing for these policies, just saying there was deception involved. But it was the deception we are all used to and can predict, politician pitches to the voters and betrays them to the donors.

I wonder which lucky or unlucky country (depending on your perspective) will be next on Trump's list? Or is there even a list, or does he just attack at random based on whatever issue he is "dealing" with? I really wonder....
    Those who thought they might get peace with Trump are likely wrong. On the other hand 6 of one and half dozen of the other. Trump is making war noises with Iran. But he's seems to want to scale back involvement in Syria. Clinton would have maybe done the reverse policy (maybe not rattled Iran but escalated Syria). It's hard not to argue that every single leader we have had since W (including W that is) has carried out The Project for a New American Century of countries to go to war with (maybe they added a few in addition it's hard to keep track with military involvement in countries like Yemen that is barely discussed continuing etc.). When even seemly completely erratic whatevers like Trump inadvertently singing from that old neocon hymn book ... After W, well at least we hadn't attacked Libya and Syria YET. Now after Obama well we still haven't attacked Iran YET ... (I think they might truly be writing off getting rid of Assad at this point).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information