Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wow, depressing PBS article

I don't think there is that much immediate money to spend to go around these days anyway, it's really not on offer, that was at a certain much more prosperous time.
    Trees don't grow on money

I wasn't happy in my job with the city for the last 17 years of it. But I stuck it out for the golden ticket. I made very good money and had even better benefits. I was able to retire at 55 as I had planned. It was never my intention to look for another paid position but I do love the volunteer work I'm doing. My coworkers continue to be miserable. I feel very very fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I wasn't happy in my job with the city for the last 17 years of it. But I stuck it out for the golden ticket. I made very good money and had even better benefits. I was able to retire at 55 as I had planned. It was never my intention to look for another paid position but I do love the volunteer work I'm doing. My coworkers continue to be miserable. I feel very very fortunate.
    I was ready to quit or throw myself off a microwave tower after I had fifteen years of HSSJ. Then the company announced a "thirty years and out" plan. So that cooked my goose. Those dismal years are just a memory now. I'm not really sorry I stuck it out--you have to work somewhere--but as I said, I'd do some things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I know of a couple of open IT positions in Waltham if you're interested. I'll PM you a link, if they look promising I can get you a contact name and number next week.
    Thanks for offering - but the catch with this event ( a good one) is I have about 11 months of severance coming - only if I stick around until my termination date. That's hard to walk away from, so I'll likely be postponing job search after I get done in May and taking a little time to decompress.

Thread Information