Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Based on Trump's behavior.....

  1. #1
    Moderator gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,461

    Based on Trump's behavior.....

    do you see him lasting a full four years? This is a serious, non-snarky question. I'll go first and no surprise, I just can't see him lasting a four year term, at least without some kind of tempering and alteration of his speech and manners. I realize that with the GOP controlling the House and the Senate, this is in Trump's favor as far as holding onto power, but I'm wondering if the GOP is already thinking ahead to 2018 and a potential decline in power due to losing House and Senate seats? What do you'all think? Rob

  2. #2
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,064
    What does "last a full four years" mean? Are you contemplating him resigning, or having a medical issue, or...?

  3. #3
    Moderator gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What does "last a full four years" mean? Are you contemplating him resigning, or having a medical issue, or...?
    I'm thinking more along the lines of impeachment, or possibly resigning if he doesn't get his way. Rob

  4. #4
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,064
    What specific charges do you envision him being impeached for?

  5. #5
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'm thinking more along the lines of impeachment, or possibly resigning if he doesn't get his way. Rob
    I know I've asked this here before without receiving a response but I'll try again. What high crimes or misdemeanors do you see happening to justify an impeachment?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  6. #6
    Moderator gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I know I've asked this here before without receiving a response but I'll try again. What high crimes or misdemeanors do you see happening to justify an impeachment?
    I don't know at this point, Alan. I'm just asking what folks here think - do they see Trump lasting the full four years of office or not, based on his behaviors? Who knows what his next action/actions will be? Rob

  7. #7
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,856
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I don't know at this point, Alan. I'm just asking what folks here think - do they see Trump lasting the full four years of office or not, based on his behaviors? Who knows what his next action/actions will be? Rob
    So it's more wishful thinking? I wouldn't be at all surprised if an effort isn't made to initiate impeachment, but it will have to be based on something more than a personality conflict.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    6,064
    At this rate, he may be there 8 years...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,149
    I think he will last four years, but it will be a busy time for lawyers. If you feel like taking a little risk, Vegas is giving odds.

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...s-betting-site

  10. #10
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,042
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What specific charges do you envision him being impeached for?
    At this point it would seem likely, or at least plausible, that he's in violation of the emoluments clause, although who knows to what extent, since he won't release his taxes or anything else detailing just what his financial entanglements are. But in any case I certainly don't see the current congress worrying about this in the least.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.cd0dac4da69c

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •