Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Walking Dead Marathon Begins!

Awesome carnival set.

They are getting over confident in their walker-killing abilities!

You would think that the old packaged food would make them ill!

What is with the backward sentences from the junkyard leader? (not to mention the Star Trek Vulcan haircut?).

Quote Originally Posted by 19Sandy View Post
    You would think that the old packaged food would make them ill!
    Those were military MRE's (Meals, Ready to Eat) which have a shelf life of many years.
    When I was going through training in the Air Force in the early 70's, we feasted on their predecessor, C-Rations, left over from the Korean War. I still carry the little can opener, known to ex-military everywhere as the P-38, on a key ring.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Those were military MRE's (Meals, Ready to Eat) which have a shelf life of many years.
    When I was going through training in the Air Force in the early 70's, we feasted on their predecessor, C-Rations, left over from the Korean War. I still carry the little can opener, known to ex-military everywhere as the P-38, on a key ring.
    I remember those. You sometimes heard them referred to as "Meals Rejected by Ethiopians" or "Men Renouncing Edibility". They put me in mind of the ancient joke told of the Spartan dining hall fare. "Men fed this must surely welcome death." Some of the desserts were pretty good, though.

Last weeks episode is still bothering me.

Losing 2 fighters won't help when it is time to get rid of Negan.

Side note - the little brother of the kid who died is the real life brother of the actress who played Sophia (Carol's daughter) and at the end of this episode - Carol is sitting right next to him.

Since Sophia's death, Carol doesn't have a good relationship with children (Lizzie and the little kid in Alexandria).

Great episode - lots of loose ends that I hope get tied up before this season ends!

Season finale is on Sunday - an extended episode!

Thread Information