Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunsmoke

My mother loved Westerns because of the stage sets; she was an antiques buff.

My great-grandmother died of "senile exhaustion" at 52, but who knows what that meant back then. She died in an asylum, so it could have been anything from foul play through neglect, to natural causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    In my opinion, the other great TV western was Rawhide with Clint Eastwood and Gil Favor.
    Yep, another good one! I may be dating myself by mentioning this but it was Clint Eastwood and Eric Fleming, both better known at the time as Rowdy Yates and Gil Favor, along with Wishbone and his helper Mushy. Also with The Purple People Eater's Sheb Wooley as Pete Nolan.

Gonna stop now, I'm geeking myself out.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Head 'em up....move 'em out! The there was Hey Soos, the young Hispanic wrangler whose name was anglocized by the cowboys. Mr.Gil Favor/Eric Fleming was a decent man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yep, another good one! I may be dating myself by mentioning this but it was Clint Eastwood and Eric Fleming, both better known at the time as Rowdy Yates and Gil Favor, along with Wishbone and his helper Mushy. Also with The Purple People Eater's Sheb Wooley as Pete Nolan.

Gonna stop now, I'm geeking myself out.
    . Alan are you referring to the one eyed, one horned, flyin' purple people eater?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    . Alan are you referring to the one eyed, one horned, flyin' purple people eater?
    Yes, that's the one.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Isn't it funny the difference in songs now from back then? I don't think the Flying Purple People Eater would be quite so popular now. haha

I keep my eye on Chester's bad leg.......to make sure it doesn't switch to the other side......You know, like Igor's hump on "Young Frankenstein". haha
    The more I watch this show, the more I have a hankerin' to ride a horse.

When I was 3 in '70 I was really disappointed to find out I couldn't move there.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I used to love to watch The High Chaparral. Grew up watching Gunsmoke, though, as it was one of the shows my parents never missed.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I can't remember all the ones I used to watch. I do remember "The Texan" and another one that had a guy in it who always ordered a sarsaparilla in the saloon.....Was that "Sugarfoot"? Oh, there was "Have Gun Will Travel", but I didn't care for the main character. And I don't think that one had any comic relief in it. haha