Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February Purge

Tossed 1 tupperware bowl that hasn't had a lid for 10 years. Tossed 2 items into recycle bin that didn't have the other half.

bit by bit I'm going through cupboards.

i've walked holes into 3 cotton socks in the last month. That's what happens when ya buy a stack at a time...........all garbage. DH has enough old socks in the shop right now.

10 years - sounds like me! I tossed out 2 huge bags of stuff and thanked some of the stuff like Marie Kondo says to do. My home felt so much different when I walked back in. Stuff does have energy!

My five-year-old decided this week that she was ready to get rid of the "doll station" in her bedroom, so we packed up the dolls and their assorted outfits and accessories and took them over to give to a three-year-old we know. It was about 30 things in all so new total for month: 79.

I am clearing out of the my closet everything with buttons and zippers. I have a neuromuscular condition that will only worsen so since I can't do buttons or zippers now, I won't in the future. 10 pairs of LLBean pants, all in good condition to Goodwill. Someone will get some really good slacks.

That's too bad that you can't wear them anymore Florence, but it's good to not just have them languish unused by anyone.
    I did some work in the cellar today, nothing dramatic, but a few things tossed and a few things in the donation box. Feeling better able to let books go, so I've also been slowing weeding through the bookshelves.

Culled 2 shirts from the difficult category of it fits, it's nice enough, but I never choose to wear it.

Two years ago I lost my job as a preschool teacher. I got a new job as a therapeutic teacher to high level trauma affected children. Most of my old supplies just don't seem to fit into my new job. So, yesterday was a biggy for me. Getting rid of twenty plus years of teaching supplies. About 6 boxes and garbage bags. It feels good, but it also feels like goodye to a part of my life that is over.

Tiam - Perhaps look at it as opening up a space for your new life going forward!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information