Thread: day 14 and 33

day 14 and 33

33 days with no smoking and 14 with no patch/gum/lozenge. Today was VERY hard. I am seeing the hard spots and am working through them. It is not a great thing in some ways that only a very few people know what I am dealing with because I am very private and don't want to be a combo of a pity party and social pariah thank you very much. Still a scorpio is quitting smoking and no one has suffered bodily harm!

What makes it hard
    * being really tired, I had to do morning program today (before 7 am) due to a staff being called for jury duty and then go shopping for spring break camp tonight and got home after 9 pm.
    * meetings, specific meetings with specific groups, I don't understand it fully but I leave either angry or literally in tears in my car on leaving.
    * micro-managed, disrespected, yeah I can spend some lovely time figuring out that people do not intend to disrespect me with micromanaging but I still struggle with that, in the middle of quitting is not the time to stuff or judge too many feelings.

What is great
    * Our meditation group has lots of people in recovery, and I have had success when I decided to treat this like a real addiction instead of an annoying habit, we had a great meeting last night
    * I am at 70+ days of daily meditation, some are 5 minutes but every day makes a difference
    * my brain medication, it smooths some things out and I am more stable with it.

Some great news, my son and his girlfriend bought stop smoking supplies!!

I think you are amazing! And how great if you can be an inspiration and a support for your son and his gf!

Thank you Chicken, i am hoping we start a snowball of quitting among my kids. I know my daughter's fiancee was told he needs to quit because his tonsils are so bad. After 6 months they will be able to see what they can do or if they will improve. Between that and having the baby now they have some motivation.

I am gonna hang onto this since there is another meeting today!

Hang in there Zoe Girl, You are doing wonderful steps with no smoking and the meditation practice is impressive too!

Thread Information