Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNL has lots of material now.

SNL has lots of material now.

Some of it is pretty good. Last night they had Trump as a litigant against the 3 appeals court judges on The People's Court. His main witness was Putin.
    McCarthy's impersonation of Spicer was good too.
    I'm sure a couple of you will find this stuff offensive, but I need to laugh over some of this, to try to counterbalance all the distress I'm feeling on a daily basis about this country.

I thought Melissa McCarthy's bit as Spicer was hilarious! I watched it several times.

I dont actually watch SNL, that would be tedious. I wait for the good stuff to come out and rise to the top, then I watch it on youtube.

Yeah, I quit watching it for a long time. The stuff just isn't very good anymore. But....I couldn't resist hearing about the political stuff and watched it.

SNL was funny in the mid-70's-80's but is way too political for me now. I am at capacity with politics and just don't get the funny in political satire.

I love political satire.. love it. I remember the first time I saw the Capitol Steps perform live--they're hilarious.

SNL's best work is its political humor. I loved Dana Carvey's George H. W. Bush, Phil Hartman's Clinton, Will Ferrell's George Bush, Tina Fey's Sarah Palin. Brilliant.

Yes, this year has been a bumper crop of material for them, and I think they have risen to the challenge--Alec Baldwin is great, Kate McKinnon was fantastic, and even surprisingly touching in her last bit as Hillary, when she sang Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

Loving Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have a question about McCarthy's Sean Spicer.........she keeps doing chewing gum stuff. Did Spicer actually chew gum at one of his press conferences?
    The skit about Conway was a little over the top though.
    Kate McKinnon is the best one on SNL. She can morph into anyone......from Justin Bieber to Elizabeth Warren and nail it.

Supposedly Spicer chews 20 pieces of gum per day and swallows them all.

I just watched the second Melissa McCarthy skethc, it wasnt as good as the first one.

They shouldnt overplay that, and should wait u til there is REALLY good Sean Spicer material.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I just watched the second Melissa McCarthy skethc, it wasnt as good as the first one.

They shouldnt overplay that, and should wait u til there is REALLY good Sean Spicer material.
    I agree. The first one was better and the second one just got more out-of-control. I did sort of like the electric riding podium though.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Supposedly Spicer chews 20 pieces of gum per day and swallows them all.
    Did he bring that up at a press conference? Maybe he's a bit short-tempered because he's obstructed? haha

Thread Information