So for the second time in 2017 I have had to call the trash service and complain that they did not empty our trash can. Also, there were two weeks I didn't even take the can up. I am paying $25 a month for this service. However, it is tied to my recycling.

i'm trying to find a drop location to take my recycling and then I want to cancel the trash. Dh is very opposed to cancelling the trash. I'm going to try to get him to commit to 30 days. (We can sign up and cancel every 30 days without penalty, so at the very least I could cut the trash bill in half by making the same number of phone calls I'm making now just to complain.)

my boss has told me in the past that I am welcome to throw away any household trash that fits in my wastebasket at school (I work twice a week and my wastebasket at school is bigger than the amount of trash We usually generate in a week) and that leaves summer - there is a trash can next to the grocery cart return, and 90% of my trash comes from the grocery store in the first place, so I think that about does it.

Things like the bucket with a hole in it we could put in a trash can and then sign up for trash service, say, every August? If we need to.

but I'm trying really hard to not create trash.

is anybody here living/aspiring to the zero waste lifestyle and interested in offering support?