Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Great time for an attack?

I've been sending emails to my reps on a regular basis, contributing money where I think it will do good, signing petitions in some instances, laughing with friends about the increasingly frantic machinations of our Dear Leader (to keep from crying), and generally rolling with the punches. I still have moments of despair and hopelessness, but I don't let it overwhelm me. I agree that taking action is the best anodyne.

Thanks for your suggestions Razz and Jane. I still do things that I care about. I'm having health issues and am having a fair amount of pain.....which is never good for one's emotional state.

I do feel fairly helpless about what Trump is doing. He's so pro growth and development and that's the last thing I need where I live. It's already coming too close to the type of lifestyle I need to have.

DH and I talk about things a lot and he feels the same.......as do my family members and a few friends.
    I suppose we're all hit hard if we didn't want Trump, but a lot of it depends on what we feel he might "ruin" for our personal lives, and our children's lives. It's not like other presidents that won that I didn't vote for. I truly believe that Trump has a psychosis. I want to believe that enough people will stop him, but so far, it doesn't seem that way yet. I know there's still time, though.

I do appreciate your suggestions about how to have a little more perspective and not drown in my angst.

Cathy, it is painful to watch Trump on TV. Yesterday was truly bizarre! I am following Jane's method of coping and I did have to quit watching the news for a few days because it was really stressing me out. There is a nationwide group popping up all over for social justice, equal rights, etc. It is called Indivisible and I did sign up to go to there next meeting to see what I can do to help.

This may be the best thing that's happened to meaningful activism--maybe it took this horror to wake people up. Grab your "Nevertheless, she persisted" tee and hit the streets!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Does anyone else have concerns over this being a perfect time for some kind of foreign attack, being that our government isn't very organized at this point in time? (among other things).

What's with the Russian "Spy" ship only 12 miles from our coast? What's it doing so far from home?? And why are international waters so close to our coast?
    To borrow from Marvin Gaye......What's goin' on?
    So you're saying that people sailing in international waters have no way of knowing if they are within someone else's space because the water can pull them into another nation's space and they can't know that they're doing that? Is that what you're saying?
    Don't have a clue where you are getting that from!!!
    You might look into how ships navigate, if you believe that.
    You asked, WHY international waters are so close to the USA. Invisible lines that are agreed upon, in the same way your town has a boundry, or your state has a border, etc. Less then 12 miles is considered territorial waters, and I have no way of knowing if your freaking out trying to figure out why there isn't some magical force field that separates territorial waters, from international waters (glass of water example).
    for the earth
    George Carlin
    I know he will affect many other countries in some way. I do watch a lot of news. But I don't appreciate your saying my concerns are unreasonable and like I'm running around screaming "The sky is falling". What's up with that,.....
    I do feel fairly helpless about what Trump is doing.
    I do appreciate your suggestions about how to have a little more perspective and not drown in my angst.
    In your angst, it appears you are not critically thinking and are reacting in the same way as Chicken Little.
    Isn't non critical thinking the essence of being unreasonable????

I think this would be a VERY bad time for anyone to attack us in a conventional manner given that Trump thinks that nukes are just another weapon so why not use them. It would be suicide. Now cyber attacks? Who knows.

Thread Information