Thread: Republicans have no respect for America (except McCain...)

Republicans have no respect for America (except McCain...)

Trump trashes America in so, so many ways. Yet republicans just line up next to him and bob their heads up and down like good little yes-men. Or... they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to it.

Where is the republican outrage?

I remember when Republicans thought Paul Ryan was this principled, steady, moral voice. But now he oscillates between yes-man and blind eye.

McCain is back to his maverick ways, which is the best the GOP has.

My feellings exactly!

My advice--educate yourself, read WikiLeaks, see if you still buy this Republican/Democrat narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    My advice--educate yourself, read WikiLeaks, see if you still buy this Republican/Democrat narrative.
    You can't have a football game without opposing teams - but while the spectators are all about who wins, the football folks are just all about making as money as they can.

Has McCain been voting against Trump Things?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Has McCain been voting against Trump Things?
    He has been delivering speeches in Munich (probably not the best optic) that contain, according to CBS news,

"withering critique of President Donald Trump in a speech Friday that highlighted fractures within the GOP as the new administration struggles to overcome a chaotic start" :

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mcc...munich-speech/

bomb, bomb, bomb Iran

No he has not. Mostly only the Dems have been voting against Trumps appointments (with a few exceptions who really should just change party). It's straight party line voting for the most part. But since Dems alone can do nothing and would need a few Republican votes to actually oppose them and neither is McCain providing even his own vote .... much less trying to build any opposition in his party ..

One doesn't need to be any great fan of Obama to think we dodged a bullet on that guy.
    Trees don't grow on money

He has been delivering speeches in Munich (probably not the best optic) that contain, according to CBS news,

"withering critique of President Donald Trump in a speech Friday that highlighted fractures within the GOP as the new administration struggles to overcome a chaotic start" :
    the Dixie Chicks got crucified for less (not that I think that made any sense mind you, but just goes to show the double standards of doing that critique as a liberal versus as a Republican).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I know he's been speechifying. But has he actually been voting against anything though, or is he just lining up to vote for Trump's nominees and requested legislation, while speaking against it all?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    No he has not. Mostly only the Dems have been voting against Trumps appointments (with a few exceptions who really should just change party). It's straight party line voting for the most part. But since Dems alone can do nothing and would need a few Republican votes to actually oppose them and neither is McCain providing even his own vote .... much less trying to build any opposition in his party ..
    Ah, as I suspected. Just Kabuki Theater as usual then.

Thread Information