Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pancake Incident

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    UA, women do appreciate a man who's clean and in reasonably good physical shape. But we often are more attracted to men who're conversable, interested in us as individual people rather than providers of sex, have shared values, and are just generally nice. It depends on what you want from a date!
    I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    A serious relationship takes time to build. Can you get to know women just socially, and build some friendships? Married women, old ladies, other non-date females? Once women get to seeing you as a nice guy, they'll start telling their unattached friends and relations about you, and probably doing a little matchmaking. In the meantime, you'd be making friends.
    The vast majority of my friends are women from the 30s to the 60s in age range. None of them has ever offered to hook me up. Though a few have offered to sleep with me "recreationally."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I had a lot of nightmares when younger and also walked and talked in my sleep. I stopped dreaming completely before i was diagnosed with sleep apnea. They returned once I got on the machine.
    Hey Teacher Terry.....you just reminded me that I dreamed a lot more once I was on cpap too. Unfortunately, I have alpha wave intrustion which wakes me up a lot, but at least I go back to sleep fairly quickly. Strange, how many people need cpap treatment.

I was told that I have a very small mouth, airway, etc so that is why I have it. After I lost 40lbs I had another study to see if I could get off the machine but although I had many less episodes my oxygen level dropped to 74% while I was sleeping so on it for life. The good thing is that if I am going to be away for just 1 night I don't take it with me anymore like I used to. I used to feel horrible if I missed it for even 1 night.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I was told that I have a very small mouth, airway, etc so that is why I have it. After I lost 40lbs I had another study to see if I could get off the machine but although I had many less episodes my oxygen level dropped to 74% while I was sleeping so on it for life. The good thing is that if I am going to be away for just 1 night I don't take it with me anymore like I used to. I used to feel horrible if I missed it for even 1 night.
    I bought a recording finger oximeter, to make sure my O2 doesn't drop during the night (even though the info on my machine says it's good).....but I can't figure out the software.. Maybe some day. I know my sleep doc offered me one to use, but I'll just try to get this one up and running.
    Seriously UA......try to be tested for sleep apnea. It could make a big difference how you feel.

UL, I passed an Indian restaurant at Patterson and High in Columbus and wondered if that was one of your go to places prior to this move toward healthy eating.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    I struggled a few days over the past few weeks and ate a few unhealthy things, and too much of them. But I did not go into a full-on binge. And I got right back on the wagon -- white knuckling it to get on track.

So I am still pretty clean, despite a few slip ups.

The problem is that I don't see much benefit to eating well and working out. If I saw some gains or some real progress that was meaningful, I'd perhaps not have slipped up those few times. And getting on track might involve less white knuckling.

So I am trying to find some reasons to keep on it.
    Wait, you haven't lost ANY weight? Come now.

And your progress with pushups is a big gain.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    UL, I passed an Indian restaurant at Patterson and High in Columbus and wondered if that was one of your go to places prior to this move toward healthy eating.
    It probably was, but I only know them by name. Remember what it was called?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    It probably was, but I only know them by name. Remember what it was called?
    Indian Kitchen. Looks like it is closed, didn't get good reviews.

well, don't waste calories on mediocre Indian food.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Indian Kitchen. Looks like it is closed, didn't get good reviews.

well, don't waste calories on mediocre Indian food.
    Yeah, that place is not good. There are others in the area that are good. But on the other side of town, near Dublin, there are much better ones.

I am definitely stumbling. My life, without any foods that taste good, has become largely joyless. My health coach is suggesting I have a couple of exceptions; essentially he thinks I should allow myself a few foods that I like.

Thread Information